The life of a princess is not easy I am sure, but my girls do it oh so well!
They absolutely LOVE to play dress up and strut around in their princess attire all day, every day. It is all I can do to convince them that we don't wear our princess dresses to church. In their mind no outfit is complete with out shoes, purse and of course, the crown!
Last week at their gymnastics class they were exceptionally good so I told them they could choose what we would have for lunch. They decided on my homemade buttermilk pancakes and this time Ainsley wanted to try them green. I have never put food coloring in my pancakes and they thought it was so cool. In fact Ainsley even told me that I was "awesome!" So, for lunch one day last week we had green pancakes and chocolate milk. A real treat for both me and the girls.
A true princess!
She loves the camera!
Ready for the ball.
Lip smackin' good!
It really was a tasty lunch if I do say so myself.
A few days ago we had our family pictures taken. Every few minutes Ainsley would ask the photographer, who is a family friend, if he would take only her picture. She had about 3 of her own photo shoots and she posed like a true professional the entire time. I do not know where she learned this, but she LOVES the camera. In fact, just yesterday she told me that getting family pictures was so fun she wants to do it again real soon. "But this time," she said "can he take lots more pictures of just me and not the rest of you?"
We seem to be talking more and more as a family about Eden. It must be that we are all missing her terribly during Christmas time. On Wednesday night, right after saying "amen" from our family prayer Ainsley yelled "I just heard Eden's voice?" Marcus and I were a little puzzled, but asked her what she said, "She said, Ainsley I love you." Ainsley is one special little girl and I do not doubt that she hears Eden whisper to her from time to time.
We miss you and love you little Eden and hope you stay close during Christmas!
3 comments:
Ahhh.. I LOVE the princess pictures! I can't wait to see your family pictures as well!
We too LOVE green pancakes and chocolate milk...mmmmmmmmmmm!
Andrea
Oh, that brings tears to my eyes! I look forward to having more kids and the knowledge that Lilly and Ryker will be their guardian angels.
How cute! Our households couldn't be more different, you with all the princess regalia and me with none of that in sight but Legos and swords in their place! And yet, being a mother is all the same in so many ways. How special to have Ainsley so close to Eden and to know their spirits still speak to each other. Have a wonderful Christmas celebrating Him who gave us all the gift of eternal families.
Post a Comment