THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, September 20, 2009

San Fran Get Away

Marcus and I took a trip last weekend to San Francisco and had a fabulous time. Thanks to my wonderful mother for taking the girls for 5 days were had our first couple get away since before Eden was born. It was much needed and so fun. San Fran in one of our favorite get away destinations and the weather was perfect. We did TONS of walking through the city, much too much eating and lots of relaxing. We even slept in until 8:30 a couple of morning and that is a treat in itself!
We made daily trips to Ghirardelli's for either chocolate samples or my favorite, ice cream. I have LOVED mint chocolate chip since I was 3 years old.

Riding the trolley cars through town on a rainy afternoon. It only rained one afternoon, but it was so nice since we NEVER see rain here!

Traipsing through China Town, belly and all!

Marcus and I walked to the entire other side of the bay (6 miles) for dinner and this was the view. The restaurant is in the background on the left - The Cliff House.

If you look you can see the Golden Gate Bridge in the right background.

The view at night from our hotel room overlooking the Ferry Plaza and the Bay Bridge.

We really had a fantastic time and it was so nice to "reconnect" for a few days with no distractions. It reminds you just how much you not only love, but like the person you marry.

5 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

OH I am SO glad you got away!! I'll need to know a good place or two to eat while we're there in Otober.. although we'll have kids in tow.

I have never seen a pregnant belly so tiny before.. you are adorable!

It's good to get away just before you'll be homebound with a newborn for the winter (oh so sweet!).

likeschocolate said...

yahoo! That is so great that the two of you were able to get away. It is always nice to have a few days to recharge ones bateries; especially with the baby coming in 5 weeks. Thankgoodness foe grandparents!

Em said...

Oh my goodness! What fun!!! I am so glad you guys had a good time and got away before the baby comes!

Allison said...

You might be the most adorable pregnant gal I've ever seen! You look great! I totally love your hair, too! We lived in San Jose while Aaron was in school and San Fran was so fun to visit frequently. Your post made me miss it there! Glad you got away with your sweetheart!

The Good Life on Less! said...

Ok, you look so good pregnant! Also, I've done San Fran preggo & looked really worn out in all the pictures from all the walking! How do you do it??? Sounds like a great trip. A little bit of heaven before a year of no sleep! :)