I just thought I would catch up with a few photos and such. Nothing earth shattering, but I will take that for a change. I do need to elaborate though on the medical bills statement I made a few posts back. I am sure you all remember me telling you that Eden had surpassed her lifetime maximum payout with our private insurance and we were left with approximately $400,00.00 in medical bills. Obviously, this hung over my head like an enormous, heavy weight. I applied for state help (AHCCCS) because that is where I was directed to pay remaining bills for a deceased child. We were promptly denied on account of a "verified deceased participant." Since that day I made 10 phone calls trying to get someone to help me understand the decision and never received one return phone call! Yes, I am still upset over how Eden's case was handled. However, in the meantime Phoenix Children's Hospital sent us a Charity Application to fill out and submit with tax returns, back statement and property value information. I received a phone call, on my birthday none the less, to tell me that our application through PCH was accepted and they have covered ALL of our Phoenix Children's bills 100%. WOW!!! This is a $360,000.00 account. I am now working with the remainder of the providers to reduce our bills or have them written off. I have found that most of Eden's providers have a charity application process, it is just not well known because they will take insurance money over anything. It has really been a blessing for us to be forgiven of so many medical bills. I will honestly say that I sleep better at night and I feel like I have been able to move forward a little in my grieving because of this. Yet another tender mercy from our Lord!
Introducing 9 new members of our family, all named Ariel :) As if we did not have enough eggs, Marcus wants the girls to learn about money and budgeting so the chickens and their eggs will be their little business. Seven of them will lay eggs (4 green and 3 brown) and two are "friers". That's right, Marcus will raise them to kill and eat them. We are becoming quite the little farm family!
Me with my mom and dad on my birthday. I LOVe my parents and I believe I am the luckiest gal in the world because I have AMAZING parents. Anyone who knows them will agree!
Ainsley petting a goat on their class field trip to a farm. You guessed it, Marcus came with us just to be on a farm again. I think he's homesick!
Emerson was much happier petting the bunny. I think she prefers animals that are smaller than her and don't have the potential to bite her or step on her!
We really are the ice cream family. Some of my fondest memories as a child are of my family going to "Thrifty" for ice cream. I am taking the photo, but yes I have a big cone as well :) I LOVE my ice cream!
The Lord has truly blessed our family and although we still have difficult days, we thank Heavenly Father everyday for the opportunity and blessing that it was to have Eden with us on earth for her 4 months of life and how grateful we are to know that she will be a part of our family for all eternity! We are blessed!
7 comments:
I love your parents too! And your girls. And the animals. And ice cream. Yep, that pretty much sums it up!
What a sweet post!! I love the baby chicks... I'm not much of a farmer girl... I don't like things that smell funny (Ie: Farms). In fact I always tell fibs to Kamryn that the petting zoo is closed when we're at the zoo to avoid the smell. Aren't I aweful??
We too are an ice cream lovin' family.. especially OWEN! Wow,that kid can pound down the frozen deliciousness.
I am so HAPPY that you were able to get those medical bills written off... what a HUGE BLESSING!!
Almost forgot... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
Andrea
That is wonderful. I remember when Eden was alive and hearing that you were about to hit your lifetime max out of pocket. It made me so mad that you were having to stress about that and Eden. I am glad things are being better taken care of. You are in our thoughts. We are changing our blog to littleforeverfamily.blogspot.com. I will make our old one private, just because I could not ever delete it. Anyways, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Heart hugs,
Em
We are glad that you have been able to work out the medical bill situation. I really think that there needs to be some organization that can walk parents through this. On another note, I loved Thrifty ice cream as a child too. I think it was a quarter back them and I always got mint chip or rainbow sherbert.
I am so glad that you were able to get most of those bills convered. I can't imagine having that hanging over my head. Luke never met his lifetime maximum, although sometimes I wish he would have because it would have meant more time with our angel. It seems so unfair that you are dealing with everything else, yet the insurance that you pay for decides when enough money is enough. I LOVE the chickens and the pics of the girls--too precious. You guys are always on my mind and I hope your days are going well. Please feel free to e-mail me at thomas.haberman@att.net if you need to talk at all, Keisa! Take care of yourselves!!!!
Bernie
I love your parents to and Ice cream. I remember when your dad would have us run, then he would take us out for ice cream.
That is such a blessing with the medical bills. I bet your shoulders are a little lighter now.
I'm so thankful that they are covering your bill.
Your girls always take such great photo's
Post a Comment