As many of you know, the entire month of February has been one full of emotion for me and Marcus. However, I am NOT READY for Friday to come. It's just two days away and with each passing day I find myself more emotional, more nostalgic, and more heartbroken. I miss my Eden so very much, but more than anything I think I miss the "what could have been". Lets' be honest, I did not have more than 30 hours tops of the mommy bonding time with Eden. It is not that easy to feel connected to your newborn when they are virtually strapped to their hospital bed with tubes and wires hanging out everywhere and a scar 6 inches long down their chest. I try to remember the blessings, like the few times that I could nurse her before she was admitted or the 5 times I was able to change her diaper and see her little bottom or the "moment" we shared just two short days before she passed. However, during a week like this none of those things hold a candle to the fact that she is gone and I still struggle with understanding why! Last year at this time I was full of so many emotions, fear, anxiety, excitement, nervousness, relief because we knew that she would come to us with complications. But, never in all of my heart and mind did I think I would be grieving her loss right now. No doctor ever told us that there was even a slight chance that she would die. None of that matters now though because she is gone and I have to learn how to cope, how to move forward and how to be strong. Yes I really, truly believe that I will see her again and I will have the opportunity to raise her in heaven, but that is a VERY LONG time away and I am not that patient. My hope is that I can be the kind of mommy that will make Eden proud. I have much work to do to be worthy of her special spirit, but I am so very thankful that I am her mother. It was not long enough for me here on earth, but I feel her close to me from time to time and oh how I cherish those moments. I love Eden and I love my Ainsley and Emerson. Being a mommy has not always been easy for me, but the best things in life are not easy. Eden, I miss you, your daddy misses you and your sissies cry for you at night. Please keep your spirit close to your family and know that we are trying to live worthy to be with you again.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
It has been almost 6 weeks since we lost our Daughter. All I can say is that I am so sorry. I know your pain and I am so, so, so sorry.
My heart aches for you. I am sorry that you guys aren't able to give Miss Eden hugs and kisses on her first birthday, but I know she can feel your love up in heaven.
Dear sweet Ridgway family, Here's to a peaceful, joyful day on Friday celebrating sweet, perfect Eden's life and the way she was able to touch so many lives in her short time here. Take out your memories, enjoy them and hold them close. Eden will be near and you will feel her love. My heart and prayers go out to you.
I'm so sorry. I don't think anyone would be ready to celebrate their angel's first birthday without them! I'm sure Eden will be near you on that special day.
You are such a wonderful example of strength to me. Many hugs from us on her special 1 year birthday!
Keisa,
I will be thinking of you tomorrow and will say prayers that Eden covers you in her great love. Your post brought tears to my eyes and I pray that you and your family find peace tomorrow. I am not looking forward to Luke's first birthday on March 12th, and I thank you for sharing your emotions with us all. god bless you and your beautiful family. Take care of yourself, Keisa! I wish we lived closer so that I could give you a big hug tomorrow!
Bernie
Our family just wanted to let you know that we will be celebrating Grace life here from Georgia. Tomorrow is also my oldest sons birthday, so we will take a few balloons and release them for little Grace. Hope you have a really fantastic day tomorrow.
Thinking about you!
Marcus, Keisa, Ainsley and Emerson…just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about Eden and your family on this very special day. Happy 1st Birthday in Heaven Eden…
Thinking of you and holding you close today (and tomorrow), Keisa. We are experiencing a loss that should never be...the grief is tremendous and impossible to bear alone. I pray you lay it at His feet and continue to share your heart with those who love you and want to be there for you. Eden is blessed and chosen for so many reasons...I believe you and your precious family are one of those reasons.
Angel hugs~ Rebecca
HI Ridgway's, our thoughts are with you today and we are sorry we couldnt make it to the party, meetings and track meet, and more meetings, but we have been thinking of you and you are in our prayers, hoping today was sweet and special for you .
Love ya Montgomerys
Often, my eyes fill with tears and my heart aches for what you have been through. I am so proud to be related to/know such a strong and faithful woman. You have such a positive way of handling life's toughest situations. My prayers are sincerely with you. Always.
Keiauni
We wanted to be closer so that we could enjoy a little of Eden's special day with you. So we decided to send her something anyways... I didn't have your email so I just did a post on my blog. joinedbyourhearts.blogspot.com
Thinking of you.. I hope you felt her spirit warm and near.
Keisa,
I am sorry for this hard day. I know that Eden is so amazing and is truly a blessing to your family still. We just love you guys so much, and know our prayers are with you. Hang in there Keisa. You are incredibly strong and an example to so many of what a wonderful Mom is!
All our love,
Mike and Emily G.
How was Eden's special day??! We have been thinking about you alot. You're always in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment