THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Celebration Like No Other

Eden's birthday celebration truly was FABULOUS in every sense of the word!

Her cemetery is very beautiful and the weather was perfect.   We gathered with many of our close friends and family to remember and celebrate our angel.  We served birthday cake and ice cream and then let our white helium balloons fly.  I was the only one with a pink balloon for my baby and the girls had a mylar balloon shaped like the number one.  We sure hope that they reached heaven and that she loved each of them.  They were sent with much love and remembrance.  The highlight however was the butterfly release.  Marcus purchased 60 individually wrapped butterflies for everyone to release.  They were wrapped in pink paper with Eden’s name and birth date inscribed.  It was a most beautiful sight to see them all fluttering through the sky.  A few just lingered on her flowers or in the kids hair.  If you ask me, that was Eden’s doing to let us know she was there and loving the party.  It was a celebration in every sense of the word and truly fit for a princess.

I am so thankful and overwhelmed at all of the family and friends that came to support us and remember our princess.  It was a very difficult day and of course tears were shed.  However, her party was very happy, positive and almost spiritual.  My heart has been very content since that day and the girls are still talking about Eden's "super fun" party!


Her party table with cake, balloons and flowers.

Ainsley's butterfly just sat on her finger.  Eden was so close!

This butterfly fluttered on the bright flowers for a while!

What a beautiful sight.  Notice my pink balloon and the girls mylar?

Making their way to heaven to Eden.

So many family and friends to celebrate with us.

What a family!

Just look how loverly the sunset was.

We love you sweet Eden!

Mommy and her baby.  She is my angel!

15 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

What a wonderful celebration of Eden's amazing life!! I so wish we could have been there. Owen's puky wouldn't have made it any fun.

We love you Eden. We pray for your family all the time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

likeschocolate said...

Eden was in our thoughts all day! I am glad you had such a wonderful day and were surrounded by so many friends and family. What a neat idea with the butterflies! On another note, the girls are getting so big. They are such beautiful girls and wow their hair is so long.

Allison said...

How special! I love your pink balloon and the sissies' special mylars. The butterflies were such a great idea and the sunset seems to have been a huge warm hug from a loving Father who also knows what it's like to let a child go. You are an inspiration to me. I love your honesty and faith.

Oh, and you look downright gorgeous! I love that picture of you by Eden's flowers and balloons.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful evening that was. I hope my wish from the butterfly release comes true! So glad our family could be there with yours! Love you guys!

Heather said...

Great picture's! I love your Family photo. You look great-especially, after running a race all day-and night-you are AMAZING!!! Lunch was fun today-thanks!

Gina and the Gang said...

I must introduce myself again...I found your blog last year through Gracey Anderson, and have been following through your courageous journey. You are such an amazing family, and your ability to share has truly proven to me that there is a heaven! I can ony imagine your loss, but know that your little Eden has touched so many lives...even those of strangers. May her "second year" bring more peace and healing to your beautiful, sweet family.

The B Family said...

Keisa, It is apparent that Eden's birthday celebration was simply breathtaking! I have no words adequate to describe the sense of JOY, PEACE & LOVE that are evident for your baby girl! BEAUTIFUL...thank you for sharing her and her special day with us!

Happy Birthday, Eden!

Love to you, friend~ Rebecca

Oh- where did you get the butterflies? I would love to release some on Annabelle's angel day later this month!

Em said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. What a sweet angel, sweet family, and sweet tribute. I know Eden will be pleased.
And I am glad it was a good day.

Heidi Ann said...

I loved her cute table, and what lovely roses! I loved that you were the only one with a pink balloon! The butterflies were brilliant, great job dad! The sun set was gorgeous and Finnley was so lucky to join the party.

Eden is SO lucky to have such an amazing family, great big sisters and such loving, supportive parents. You are so blessed to have Eden but she is equally as blessed to have you!

Shari Tate said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Wish we could have made it over!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDEN!

C and T Orvin said...

It was nice to be a part of such a wonderful celebration. We loved the butterfly release! The balloons seemed to go on forever..thanks for letting us be a part of Eden's special day.

Our Family said...

Keisa!
What a beautiful way to celebrate Eden's life. You guys did an amazing job--I know that Eden was so proud to see her birthday party. I love the idea of the butterflies--I may have to copy that idea next year for Luke's 2nd birthday! Just remember how loved Eden is and that we were all thinking of her on her birthday. God bless you guys!
Bernie

Greg and Heidi said...

What an amazing tribute and birthday celebration. I have tears streaming down my cheeks. You are awsome.
Love-
Heidi

everything petersen said...

Keisa,
I have been thinking about you lately! Hope all is well. You have had a lot going on in the past month. Edens celebration, from the pictures looked wonderful. You truly looked Beautiful!
Bonnie

Momma J said...

I am disappointed I didn't get to make it, but am glad to see that it went really good. (2 of our boys were sick and I didn't want to share the "fun" with others.) All the balloons and butterflies... amazing! A perfect choice for such a perfect little girl.