I have not posted in a while, not because I do not have anything to say, but because I have so much on my mind and I just don't know how best to express myself. I feel like the Lord has blessed our little family greatly, but my heart still has a hole for my Eden. I find myself reminiscing about the events that happened just one short year ago. However, it does not make me sad thinking of last year, rather I am filled with love as I think of her sweet spirit. It was contagious and so warm and comforting.
It was Eden that inspired Marcus to plant a garden and one year later I am so proud of his garden. You will see in the pictures just what a set-up he has and boy does he dote over every single plant. He is also wonderful with the chickens and takes great care of them. We are getting so many eggs now that the girls now sell them for $2 a dozen. They are learning how to pay 10% tithing to our church, save 40%, and keep the other 50% for spending. My favorite part of the garden this year are the tulips. They came out with such beauty and vibrance and it was a reminder to me of al of the blessings I have in life. The road to recovery (if one ever fully recovers from losing a child) is long and difficult, but it is lined with so many wonderful things that I have to take notice.
My sweet Eden who inspired so much good in our family. WE LOVE YOU!
Look how beautiful they are.
Beautiful tulips and TONS of lettuce.
More veggies than you could ever eat! Look at the red cabbage plant!
All kinds of lettuce and carrots and onions.
Can you see the tiny yellow squash?
No, they are not roosters, they just have large cones but they can lay a great egg!
The trelace is holding sweet peas, which are now done, but they were a wonderful treat!
ANNOUNCEMENT:
If you have read this far, you deserve to know that we will be welcoming another baby to our family at the end of October! I had my first ultrasound yesterday and although we could not see details, there was a strong heartbeat and definitely a lima bean! Last night we told the girls and they were ecstatic. Ainsley said the family prayer before bed and popped up right after to say, "Heavenly Father told me that mommy has a baby brother in her tummy and he is perfectly healthy and strong!" I hope and pray that this is true.
26 comments:
Congratulations!!!!!!! What wonderful news!!!
I have read your blog for months...I have cried for you, and prayed for you, and now I can celebrate with you! Congrats, and I am so excited for you and your family.
OH YEAH!!! I don't know why I am crying .. but I am... TEARS OF JOY!! I'm sure Eden is preparing him (oops, did I say him?) or her for her beautiful family!
Love the gardening.. Marcus never ceases to amaze me!
Oh Keisa! I'm crying, too! What wonderful news! How fun for Eden and your new baby to have some special time together! Congratulations!
Oh, and your garden looks beautiful, too!
I am SOOO excited! I had both of my kids in October (the 18th and the 27th) and than my birthday is the 11th, and I also share the month with a niece, a mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and my eldest sister! What beautiful plants! I am jealous of the green thumb you have (mine kind-of is a bit black!) What great happy news!
Congratulations. That is so awesome. I can't believe i'm only 5 weeks from my due date.
Congratulations Ridgeway's!! We're so happy for you guys! I think Marcus needs to come over and show us how to get our gardening on. I love Eden's little face in that pic!! We love you tons!
Keisa, I have read your blog since Eden's passing. Someone in my office received the email about Eden's passing and shared it with me. I've been following your blog every since as I admire your unbelievable strength, courage and love for life. Congratulations!!
What a beautiful garden - and even more beautiful testimony - and the news is over the top!! Congratulations!! I too have followed your blog since your sweet daughter's passing and have been uplifted and inpired by your writing. And, I have to say, I'm a little jealous of the thriving garden in March! It's still winter where we are :-)
That is AWESOME! (and those little ones know so much more than we ever will:)
Congratulations!
...and Marcus, your garden is lovely.
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys! And I love your garden. It's amazing!
Marcus and Keisa, I don't know when I have been happier to hear of a baby-on-the-way except my own grandchildren...2 of which we are expecting this year...Emily and Joey...What a happy thought to think that Eden is preparing this little one to meet his/her new earthly family, and what a great one it is...After the rain comes the Rainbow. We love you...Emigs
Hooray! I am very, very excited for you guys.... a boy would be a perfect addition to your 3 girls. :)
That is so wonderful! How have you been feeling? Do you have any october babies?
Your graden looks wonderful, here in Utah we can't even plant a graden until the end of May. So this year we may not have one. I am Due in June but I go 3 weeks early. Derek and enjoy planting and eating what we have grown. I just don't see Derek doing it himself. I have been the one that has done the graden. But I am going to have faith that he can do it with out my help.
Again I am so happy for your new baby! You no Gabe tould me we were having a girl, so it just might be a boy, which would be wonderful either way!
Love ya Bonnie
Oh Keisha, I am crying I am so estacitaly happy for your both, for the whole family. I believe whole heartedly, Eden had a hand right there with our heavenly father. I hope you get a little guy in your household to even the numbers out...BUT...I will be praying for a healthy baby and a dafe delivery...
I am so excited for you both...your good news is contagious..I think I will go skip around the house now, while my kids giggle at me and call me silly.
Congratulations!!
jenna and Lilyana
Even though we've known I still get goose bumps when I think about your new little additions. And yes, I'm still jealous! Love the garden, the chickens, and especially the tulips. They're such simple flowers but they are among the loveliest! The picture of Eden is, I think, my favorite. Her chubby cheeks, the way she's holding her mouth, and the precious shape of her eyes. She's perfect!
Congratulations!! We are so excited for you.... and even a little jealous. We love you and our prayers will continue to be with you! Say hi to my little girl friend Ainsley.
Congratulations Ridgway Family! I am so happy for you guys...what wonderful news! I still have chills running up and down my spine...praying for a healthy baby!
Keisa!!!!
I am tearing up right now...I have been hoping to see this post for a very long time, ever since you wrote about trying for a new baby on Luke's site. I am so happy for you guys--my two oldest are October babies--they are GREAT! I pray that you have peace during this pregnancy and that God takes all of your worries away. Please contact me if you ever want to talk or share stories. BTW, the garden is gorgeous and I love how you guys are teaching tithing, saving, and spending to the girls. What a great idea! Take care of yourself and be sure to rest and enjoy this pregnancy!
Bernie
20 comments is probably a record! Awesome garden, sis!
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL news!!! You know we're all praying for a perfect healthy baby. We love you.
I agree with everyone else...Beautiful garden!
YEAH! Such a wonderful blessing for your family! This pregnancy I'm sure has already been full of emotions of all sorts.. but how exciting!! I'm so happy for you... Congrats!!
Oh my gosh! Congrats!!!!!
Glad I checked in... this was lovely. I wish I could have talked to you today at san tan! I saw you go into DQ and my kids were having a melt down so I couldn't stick around and wait for you :( Congrats on the babe... we are praying for that little bean!
Yeah for your family on another little one. I love your garden. We do the Square Foot gardening as well and I love it. I am just waiting for things here to clear up enough to get it planted. Please Share any hints that you have found for yours. Gardening is my therepy!!!
Oh Congrats!! That is so exciting. What great news!! I am a heart mommy... I linked to your blog from Andreas. Your last post about Eden was so touching. Those pictures are priceless
Post a Comment