THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Beautiful Arizona Easter



It was a beautiful Arizona Easter Sunday.  We awoke and found our baskets.  The Easter Bunny was good to the girls and brought them each a new Disney shirt, for our upcoming trip to Disneyland (yes, we are going for the 4th time this year!) and a new pair of much needed flip flops.  Of course we live in them all summer, and most of the winter for that matter.  Finley received a new collar and a new toy and Eden's basket was full of beautiful, artificial Gerber Daisies to put at her grave.  

After a lovely morning of cinnamon rolls and fruit and church we headed to the cemetery to spend time with Eden.  As you can see from the video, the girls looked absolutely darling in the dresses and boy can they twirl.  They were sure that Eden was twirling with them in the elegantly white princess dress she was buried in.  I have no doubt in my mind that she was close and twirling for all to see!  I was missing her quite a bit on Sunday as I know the girls were also.  After we arrived and put her flowers in place, Ainsley said the most perfect thing that I could not have said better.  "Eden, I love you sissy and we will never forget you!"  From the mouth of babes.  We finished to day with a wonderful dinner at my parents, my mom is a fabulous cook.  

It was a glorious Easter and I am so grateful for Him for whom we celebrate.  Our family took the opportunity to attend the Mesa Easter Pageant, which is an outdoor live production of the birth, life, crucifixion and resurrection of the Savior.  What a testament to me of the Lord's great sacrifice for me and for all of us.  I am truly thankful for Him and his love for me and my family.









7 comments:

Boxcope30 said...

So cute! I hear congratulations is in order on your pregnancy.

likeschocolate said...

The girls look absolutely adorable!!!!!

Em said...

What beautiful girls! I love the way you spent Easter. I do not think that Eden could be prouder of her family. I too am grateful for the true meaning of Easter and that because of a loving Savior and Father-in-Heaven, families can be together forever! What a sweet reunion that will be!

Heather said...

Your girls are so cute! I'm glad you video taped them bringing Eden what the Easter Bunny brought her. So neat!

Dennison Family said...

I love the beautiful flowers and dresses! Sounds like a wonderful Easter. It is amazing how different Easter means to us now and how much more important it is! Glad you had a good day.
Liz (Jake's mom)

Keiauni said...

Sounds like a great celebration. What sweet things that little Ainsley says! How precious:)

SunGood said...

Wow..I am finally checking blogs and your's was the first one! The pics you captured at the cemetery are beautiful.. I have no doubt your sweet baby was there so proud of her family! You are such an example of strength to us all, especially to me! Thank you for all you have done for me and my family! I know I can always talk to you and have you truly understand! Sounds like your Easter was bittersweet as well! I'm sure that's how most holidays will be for us from now till forever!! Enjoy your trip! Talk to you when you get back!! All my love, Sunni