Yesterday, the 5th, marked six months since our beautiful Eden left this earth and received her wings. So many thoughts and feeling ran through my mind during the day and of course, there are times I still cry. I find myself thinking about how she would look now, what she would be doing, and how my life would be with three little darlings to look after. None the less, she is gone and we are left missing her and longing to feel her spirit as we wind through our days. I know we will see her again and I know that she is our little girl forever, and more than anything else, this is what brings peace and comfort to my heart, mind and soul.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
6 Months
Yesterday was especially sad for me as some very dear friends, I call them that now although I only just met them in person last night, lost their 6 week old little girl to a heart defect and other complications. Marcus and I went to visit them last night and just extend our love at this very difficult time. We know all too well how they are feeling and the fog that envelops you so we just had to show we cared. It is amazing how two little babies brought two families together to share love and friendship in life's most difficult moments. Please join with us in praying for the Anderson family that they will feel Jersey's little spirit very close in the most challenging days ahead.
When I told Ainsley where we were headed last night and that baby Jersey had passed away, she smiled immediately and said, "I bet Eden gave her a giant hug and now they are friends and playing in heaven. It makes me happy that Eden has baby friends in heaven." My Ains is amazing!
We love you Eden and we miss you terribly, but we know that you are close to us. Our hope is that we will live each day in a manner that will make you proud as you look down on us from above!
Posted by The Ridgway Family at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That was sweet that the girls thought now Eden will have someone to play with. Oh, I didn't know that baby Jersey had passed away.
I am so happy that you were able to meet Jersey's family. I read their blog and when I heard she became an angel, I immedietly thought of Eden. Ains is right... they are playing in Heaven together!!
I can't believe it's been 6months since you had to say goodbye to Eden. I'm sure she is very PROUD of her family here on earth!!!
You are amazing, keisa! I pray for you often. Your strength and courage inspire me and SO many others. {{Hugs}}
Keisa you guys are so amazing. Certainly noone can relate and understand exactly what you have gone through and will continue to go through unless you have been there yourselves.
You have been such an example and strength to Chris and Heidi. We talked last Saturday about you and how she felt such strength from the comments you would leave her, and she said one day she would love to meet you.
And then to show up at their house was more than they could ask for. She is so grateful and is just so glad they have found friends that can truly understand what they are going through.
It takes amazingly strong families to get through this kind of trial and Heavenly Father has hand picked you all for a reason.
Keep you head up and know that Eden along with Jersey are now fast friends and are watching down on their families with much love.
Your daughter is so smart.
Prayers out to Jerseys family, I am glad you could be there for them.
Continued prayers for your family.
I'm so glad that you went to see Chris and Heidi.. I know they benefited so much from being able to talk with you. You are so strong and always have wonderful things to say. I can't imagine what last year held for you, and no one will ever understand, but you are an incredible example of how to lean on the Lord and live each day to the fullest. I am SURE that Eden is proud of you. I think about you and pray for you often..
I am so sad to hear baby Jersey passed away. What a hard time for them, and what a hard time for you. You are always in our prayers and know I am sorry for your pain!
It is truly a bond that only those who have been there share...and it is so precious for you to be able to be there for Jersey's family. What a testimony to your raising your girls to have Ainsley share such a beautiful thought! Oh, our little angels are having the best time!
Praying for you, friend, as you continue to long for your baby girl...and hoping that her spirit is close to you, too!
Angel hugs~ Rebecca
Hi Keis, I just caught up on the Christmas blog...how's the puppy thing going???? My kids BEG EVERYDAY for a dog. I just REALLY don't want one. I'm sure we'll end up with one though.I'm a little out numbered. Todd's wants one really bad too. Any pointers???
You're kids are as cute as ever...as always!
Hi Keisa, I know you have journaled through all of these precious experiences that you have had this last year and I so love reading your blog. my mom has a book about the pioneer women called "faith and fortitude", i truly believe you have faith and fortitude , to go on and to share, so that we may all learn more about f&f. thank you for strenghtening all of us as we stand as believers,with hope and faith. we have another friend,Kami that just lost their baby this week, and while reading her journaling in her blog i am reminded again of the great outstretched arms of our savior and his atonement, and the power of prayer i think you could relate to Kami if you'd like to read her blog it is very precious also millironfamily.blogspot.com or go to my blog and key on kami and tyler milliron just want you to know you are always in my prayers not just during the past but always.
I am so sorry for the loss of your little love. Thanks for your comment on my Blog. I just wrote a new post and it said a lot of what you said in this post. I wonder what my sweet angel looks like now too. I miss her terribly.
It is true that our children seem to have brought us all together ( I have been emailing back and forth with Jersey's Mom as well. We have never met in person, but our Daughter's are buried at the same Cemetery ) I think our little angels are leaning on each other the same way we are all leaning on one another.
I feel better knowing the thoughts I am having are normal. It is such a whirlwind experience to go through and sometimes you don't have a second to even sit and think about what just happened. Sometimes I wonder if it is real or just a dream.
Thanks for contacting me. My email is kamillemilliron@gmail.com and I would love to get to know you and your BEAUTIFUL Family better.
Kami
Post a Comment