THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quarantine

WARNING!: Do not come close to our house right now with your children!


We are in the middle of a nasty case of the vomiting, fever and chills flu.  The girls started complaining on Tuesday afternoon and before we knew it they were both sporting high fevers and vomiting every hour.  Good thing mommy was home alone to manage all of the vomit and cranky kids.  Thankfully thought I was a track runner and I could bolt them to the sink or toilet when needed and I can report that as of right now, we have had no vomit on me, the furniture, or the carpet.  Thank heaven for little silver bowls.  My WONDERFUL mom came over yesterday to help me and I am so grateful.  One was always crying for mommy some we had to trade off about every half hour.  I can say now that it's no fun at all to have both of them sick at the same time, but at least they will both recover at the same time as well and we will be done with this.  At least that is what I like to think, but I am sure I will be sick as a dog come the weekend!  It's now Thursday morning and our fevers are slight and small bits of food are being eaten without any vomiting!!!!!  One good thing about this is that I have caught up on all my Disney movies.  I counted 4 on Tuesday, 6 yesterday and we are almost done with our first of today.  More movies than they have watched in an entire year I think!

I have pictures of our trip to Disneyland, but that will have to wait until I get the house sterilized!

4 comments:

mpal said...

Hang in there! It's never fun when all of the kids are sick and try not to get worn down. It is times like there we are all thankful for Disney movies and the the moment or two of respite they provide. Hope everyone gets well soon!

The Simmons Family said...

So sorry.. isn't it the craps :(. It just breaks my heart when they are sick. That and the constant struggle to keep the germs away from you so you DON'T in turn get sick. I have quarantined Kamryn away from Owen... PRAYING he doesn't get this nasty bug.

Hope the girls feel better soon! :)

Em said...

I am sorry! That bites to have both sick at the same time. You are so amazing to have such a great attitude about it! I've been thinking about you a lot and just know you are in our prayers!
heart hugs,
Emily

Heidi Ann said...

Conrats on missing everything but bowls and toilet! Really, that's a skill. Poor things, it's really to bad they don't care how much they weight, I'd love me a few weeks of vomiting! If you need somebody to hold back your hair while you're sick I'd love to help, I'd even love to take your girlies. My kids had so much fun with yours and are anxious to hang out again.

I just was put on a blog exclusively for mommies who've lost a child. I haven't been on it much but am interested to read other's thoughts. I didn't know if you might be interested. If so I can give you the contact.

I hope the flu skips over you and Marcus, I'll call and check up on you maybe tomorrow!