THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 25, 2009

Uncle Neil

I never knew my uncle Neil personally, but today I am thankful for him.


Neil George Reuter is my father's oldest and only brother and the first born in their family.  Neil was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and was shot down and killed while performing a rescue mission.  My nana always talked about Neil and how she missed him and felt a little void without him and I never understood until now.  Nana never missed a week of visiting Neil's grave to trim the grass or place new flowers or a crisp new flag.  When we wold visit my grandparents in Wisconsin, one of my favorite things to do was go with nana to "see" Neil and hear her stories.

Today, more than ever Neil holds a special place in my heart because Neil died on July 5th, the exact day that Eden passed as well.  Coincidence, I don't know? But I thank you Neil, for I am sure that you, along with many others were there to welcome Eden home on her angel day to help her feel the love that I hope she felt from us here on earth.

Thank you Neil and so many others who very valiantly fight and defend the freedoms of our great country!

1 comments:

Heather said...

what a beautiful story-thanks.