While at my OB appointment yesterday I heard these infamous words, "Don't stress, it's nothing to worry about!" They came after we heard something different while listening to his heartbeat with the doppler. I laid down like normal not thinking anything and then when we started listening to his heart we heard what sounded like an extra beat, or half of a beat. I wanted to ask him immediately what that was, but couldn't because my heart was in my throat. However, he told me not to worry at all it is a type of irregular heartbeat called a Premature Atrial Contraction (PAC) which is quite common in fetus's and 99% of the time corrects itself before birth. He went on to explain that most adults have 1-5 PAC's per day and that number rises with age. He did not seemed concerned at all, but I think he could see the stress on my face because he reminded me quickly that it has nothing to do with the structure of his heart, which is perfect, but just that it is young and we may never hear it again. "Don't Worry!" Easier said than done especially for someone whose last baby passed away from a heart ailment. I guess I have to take his word for it that it is not a big deal, I was just hoping for no drama at all from here on out. Oh well, life keeps us on our toes I guess!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would stress too---it's normal. This is going to be your best delivery--I know it!!! No problems! :)
I hate when people tell me not to stress. Kind of a joke, and pretty much makes me worry more. I pray that things will all be well, and that this little guy is healthy and you get to have a normal, no stress delivery and baby. You deserve it, and most definitely have earned it.
Hope the weekend of General Conference has heped to relax you more...the anxiety around childbirth is hard enough without past fears edging in. Prayers are with you...that little family is getting even bigger. pure joy.
Owen's Gramma
Asher had that! IT all worked out, though...
I can totally understand why you are concerned though! I hope that things go smoothly for you, and that you can feel some comfort to soothe the stress... I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment