I am sorry I'm late in posting our trip to Tucson last weekend. We stayed at a place called Ventana Canyon Lodge and it was absolutely beautiful. Tucson is about 2 hours south of Phoenix, but the desert is much more lush, green and it is at least 10 degrees cooler there. It was almost like a mini family reunion with my dad's sister and my cousins and family. We did a ton of swimming, playing with the dog, running up and down the hills and of course, munching! What a pleasure just being together with family.
Emerson, with her infamous apple, and cousins Cade and Liliana. My cousin Mike, their dad, and my father are in the background.
Auntie Angel and our little cousin Liliana.
Ainsley relaxing in the grass with Smudgie, my sister's dog and my girls best buddy.
Emerson loves to try the munchies. Notice the apple in one hand and popcorn in the other.
The entire gang. My mom on the far right, my aunt Kathy standing, my dad, my cousin Mike and the cousins.
Ainsley, her cousin Cade (Liliana's big brother) and Smudge.
Isn't she getting big?
Grammy and Ainsley - there is definitely a special connection with the two of them.
All of the cousins - my sister's three, my two and my cousins two.
We had to get creative with her hair the final day. Our Bohemian girl!
What a do! She sat so patiently while I unpicked each braid and then combed it out to fluff. Notice the apple once again! Her absolute favorite snack and she will eat the entire thing. No constipation for her with all that fiber.
We are home now for a while, but the memories will last forever. The girls talk about one of our trips everyday. We miss hearing from all of you as I don't post as often and it's probably not as interesting. I really enjoy being home with the girls and they are loving school. The days can be difficult at times, but over all life is good and we are blessed.
8 comments:
Your girls are so cute!
Love the bright red fluffy hair!!
Sounds like a fun time. I LOVED the girls hair from your last trip and it made me giggle when I saw Emersons in the last pic all poofy.. I cant wait to do that with Lilys hair. I check in on your page often and when I dont see an update I know you are busy.
I thought about Miss Eden yesterday, even though I never met her she is an inspiration, all heart babies are. I finally made it in for my post partum check(I know 6 months later) but my ob/gyn asked if I had met anyone with babies that had a special heart like Lilyana, and I told him of both Avery and You, and how all of our girls share such a special birthday. He asked how both of the babies were doing and I told him Bela is doing good...then I couldnt get out much more...he knew right then and there about Eden without even asking, he said it takes a strong person to be a parent to one of these children, but an even stronger one to stand against the storm of losing one. He told me to send you his sympathies....
I am sorry if this has made you sad, I in no way did I mean to, I just wanted to share with you the condolenses of my wonderful doctor to you.
You guys are always in our prayers. We are sending you our heart hugs
Jenna and Lilyana
That is so funny how just about every picture Emerson has an apple. No wonder she is so tiny! Those braids really lasted a long time. Looks like you had tons of fu in Tuscon. Gotta love time with family.
I can't believe those braids lasted that long.
I should really eat more apples... they are delicious aren't they Emerson!! By the way.. LOVE the afro post braids!
You have the most beautiful girls... look out in 13 years!!
Oh... I cannot wait to go on a little vacation again someday. It's so scary to leave the state.. because "what if?"
LOVE the posts...don't stop blogging!
Andrea
We did have fun, and Cade continues to talk about Smudgie and the kids running all over the hills! I can't wait to do it again! Know I continue to think about you each and every day, and we will get the kids together soon - Much love, Angel, Mike, Cade, and Liliana
What fun. I am going to be honest. I am somewhat envious of all the fun! I wish we could go to some fun places. I lately have felt the need to get away. I think it is anticipating all that is going to happen in our lives and the year marks and two year marks we are flying up upon. Lat year, at this time, I had so much hope for Ryker. I miss my babies, so much.
Anyways, always thinking of you guys and praying for you!
Heart hugs,
Emily
P.S. I still check daily. Mike says that I need to cut back to one or two times a week. But little does he know that I am a blog-a-holic !
Looks like you have done a lot of fun traveling and playing lately!
It was good to see you and your family in May.
sending hugs your way~
Post a Comment