Kids say the darndest things. Need I say more?!?
I have to share a hilarious story which is my life on a daily basis. My wonderful mother took the girls yesterday to the mall to see the doggies, play and get a treat (Grammy is so fabulous!) They had to walk through Dillard's on their way out of the mall and that meant passing by all of the make-up counters. One of the make-up ladies began talking to Emerson about her new stuffed animal (courtesy of Grammy) and she finally said "Happy Halloween!" Emerson, who is not shy in the least turned right around and replied, "Happy Halloween Stinky Face!" Needless to say, they lady was a bit shocked and bewildered and all my mom could do was laugh. Once Grammy gained her composure she explained to the woman that the girls have a book titled "Happy Halloween Stinky Face" and that must explain Emerson's comment. The mood instantly changed and the make-up lady was laughing uncontrollably and the other workers were laughing as well.
The moral of the story I guess is that you should not buy your children books with unsavory titles! I LOVE my girls and the things they say.
4 comments:
he-he-he. Cute little emmy.
I gotta admit, that my boys have said some pretty embarrassing things to people in public. The most recent being "Please don't breathe on our baby...you might infect her with your germs! (COURTESY OF eLI...he is leary of all the strangers that try to touch her in public.)
VERY VERY FUNNY!!! I have to say that story made me laugh out loud too.
I swear I'm going to come down there and still Grammy Jilly for a while. She really is an awesome Grandma. I love her.
Oh my I spelled "steal" wrong...how embarrassing. Oops.
That's my girl, Emmy! Full of sass just like me! Ha, I love it! Is it bad that I want to train my kids to say mean things to people one day just so I can laugh about it?!
Post a Comment