THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 4, 2008

We're Back!!!!!

We are back from Disneyland and once again, we had a fabulous time.  It was hotter (95+) each day than we would have hoped for, but great none the less.  There is a new Toy Story ride that is absolutely so fun and the park looks so cute decorated for Halloween.  I thought I would explain our trip through pictures, but all in all we rode way too many rides and ate far too much junk food and we loved it!

We arrived on Sunday evening and walked right over to Disneyland for a little fun before bed.  Once again we took our MOST FABULOUS babysitter Addi.  Thank you Addi for all of your help and for riding the "fun" rides with me.  Marcus has a weak stomach and can't tolerate any of the good rides so Addi and I just go until we drop!

Me and my Emerson waiting in line for none other than Dumbo.  I have to admit, for a kiddie ride it is really fun.

"Will we ever get on the ride?"  Ainsley in line for Dumbo.

Emerson wanted to pick the yellow Dumbo to match my shirt.  I think she is going to be our fashion conscious girl.

All smiles.  Of course we have a rule that there is no crying at Disneyland.

Notice Emmy's Tinkerbell pin.  A park employee overheard us trying to coax her into riding Matterhorn and she said she would give her that "bravery pin" if she would ride.  No doubt she agreed to that deal!

Mommy and Emerson about to go on the Matterhorn.

The Matterhorn is Ainsley's favorite ride.

By the look on her face, it's hard to believe she LOVES this ride.

You be the judge - do you think she liked it?  Poor girl, we really weren't trying to torture her.

They get a tiny souvenir on each trip and this is Emerson's - baby pluto that she named Eden.

On Tuesday we had a wonderful opportunity to meet up with another "heart mommy" and her girls who live in the area.  Carlie is on the far left and she is Emmy's age.  She has undergone 3 open heart surgeries to repair her heart.  All four girls had a super fun time.

Growing up and getting more beautiful every day.

Are these the cutest girls or what?!?  They love their Addi.

"Is the parade ever going to start?"

Tired and weary parade goers on the final night of a LONG, HOT four days.

I love my family.  Ainsley commented every day that next time we have to bring Eden.  She picked out a princess mouse ears hat for Eden and we had her name engraved.  She wants to take it to her grave to show her.  She misses her so much.

"I think I see a princess!"

Poor Emerson, willing herself to stay awake!

Ridgway family.  Ains says if you look close enough you can see Eden's angel in the picture with our family.

As you can see we had a great trip.  However, it is really hard to come home sometimes because Marcus and I seem to be more sad than before we left.  I think it just reaffirms that Eden will never come to Disneyland with us and that makes us miss her so much.  We are so blessed and I know that Eden was sent to our family to teach us and bless us.  I will forever be grateful that I am her mommy and I am proud to say when people ask that I have "three beautiful daughters!"

9 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I am glad that you had such a wonderful time. You guys deserve some moments of happiness. Eden would want you to be happy. She is with Heavenly Father and that makes her happy. I am sure she considers it an honor just like you to be your daughter. Now that she is an angel she gets to watch over you. Though I know this doesn't make the ache in your heart any less.

The Simmons Family said...

Oh... I LOVE THE PICTURES!! Disneyland is definetly the HAPPIEST place on earth! I can't wait to take Owen but it'll be a couple years... bummer. It's so fun that you got to meet up with Carlie's family and have a day with them.

WAY TO GO EMERSON ... you are such a brave girl to try the matterhorn!

Ainsley... LOVE that you thought of your baby sister and bought her minnie ears... that was very thoughtful of you!

Glad you had a good time!

Andrea

Em said...

What fun pictures and what a fun time. It is hard to come home and you hope so strongly all will be well, but you come home and it is still the same. By the way-you have been tagged!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! I love Emerson's face after Matterhorn-it's hilarious! Do you think it's the ride or the monsters that she doesn't like? And is she eating an apple in the picture with your heart friends? Sooooo cute! I'm glad you had fun! What a darling idea to give Eden the Mickey ears-very special and I love that Ainsley thought of getting her sister something! ----I'm on Brittany's site-this is Heather :)

Keiauni said...

Sheesh. We really need to bet back to that place where the "magic" is!

I love all the pictures:)
Glad you had a blast!

Katie said...

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself- Your family is beautiful and Eden was a true angel here on Earth. I was very touched when reading her story and my heart goes out to you. As a heart mom, these babies have something so special about them and Eden's sweet little life has made an impact on us. Glad you were able to meet up with the Mason's too :) Take care and thank you for sharing this journey with us. Praying for you all.
Love,
Katie (Maddie's mom)
allredbabygirl.blogspot.com

The Mason Family said...

Just wanted to say (again) that I am so glad that our families were able to meet each other...can't wait till we meet again!

Shannon

Susy said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to get away to the happiest place ever. I am definitely getting the Disney "itch". I just love that place!

Love you Keis. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Shari Tate said...

Looks like your trip was LOTS-O-FUN! Did you see our Hawaii pictures?!? I only posted a few... we come home late tomorrow night!