Marcus and I are officially addicts. If you consider going to Grand Canyon twice in two weeks to hike (over 16 miles each time) an addiction, then we are junkies with no desire for an intervention! We absolutely LOVE the Canyon and who can blame us for heading there as often as possible when it's less than four hours from our front door. It has not been until adulthood that I have learned to appreciate living so close to one of the Seven Wonders on the World. Marcus took a couple of friends with us in late May to do the Death March again. I have learned better and just hiked down to the Colorado River and back, about 17 miles. Then, last weekend Marcus and I hiked again with my dad, my Uncle Bob and my brother-in-law Jake. We all went down to the river and back again, but took a different trail down this time and it was extremely beautiful. If I wasn't such a cit gal, I really think I could live at Grand Canyon and hike every day. I just LOVE to hike.
This is a wild bunny that has made his home in our yard. We see him every couple of days snacking on the grass.
Marcus, Jonathan and Chad beginning the Death March (that is rain and it's 3 am!)
My sweetheart who is like a mountain goat on the trail.
We took Grammy and the girls up to Flagstaff with us and while we hiked, they enjoyed a day and the Deer Farm where there are live deer to feed and pet.
What a backdrop and me in all my 5 month pregnant glory. We start them hiking young!
They did a great job and should be very proud of themselves. Am I my dad's daughter or what?
Jake's very first time to Grand Canyon, what a way to experience the magic.
Little did uncle Bob know that he would be harassed by a "wild" squirrel while eating lunch later. There are signs posted saying "do not feed the WILD squirrels", but they are the most domesticated animals I have ever met and will crawl right on you.
Can you see the trail below us?
It was a wonderful couple of weekends and I soaked it all in as it might be the last big hiking I do for some time now. I am still getting used to the thought of "thinking blue" and how we will do him room. I really can't wait to do some shopping!
4 comments:
You are a rockstar!! I am amazed that you two hike so much. I can't even walk 3 miles without feeling tired.. how do you do 17 or the death march?? Someday.... maybe.
I shouldn't be shocked your hiking 17 miles and being 5 months pregnant. Were was Mekell,why didn't see hike?
Have fun shopping for baby boy!
I keep telling Tommy I want you and Marcus to to be our tour guides on an "easy" hike sometime. I'm such a wussy, but it looks like so much fun. Glad to hear everything's going well with your pregnancy. I've sure been thinking about you guys a lot.
Hello! Awesome pictures of the hike! I think that Casey and I will have to live vicariously through you and Marcus! Lets go out sometime soon! Golf was fun!
Post a Comment