I wanted to share some of the past weeks "adventures" with all of you through photos. Overall, it's been a good week as long as I focus on my blessings. If you know me, you know that I LOVE to work out and my preferred form of exercise is running. Before Ainsley was born we bought a single jogging stroller. We purchased our double jogger while waiting for Emerson and of course in anticipation of Eden's arrival we bought the TRIPLE jogger. Yes, they make a triple jogger and it's a WIDE LOAD!!!!! The girls immediately fell in love with the triple as it is much roomier and taller for them. They were outgrowing the double. I have been running with the triple since before Eden was born and I ran with it all the time when she was still alive. However, I have not run with it since she passed away because my thinking completely changed. It didn't bother me at all when she was in the hospital, but now I almost feel dumb with all the looks. Believe me, I get a ton of looks and some comments with an empty middle seat. The girls have been asking so instead of ditching out to the gym I took them this morning for the first time. The comment went like this, "Where is number three?" My response, "she returned to heaven early." Nothing else was said. I now think I am going to make a little sign with Eden's photo that says "We love you and miss you Eden." We are not allowed to put anything in her seat, the girls will not allow it. It is nice though for my that it sits empty as if maybe my little angel is along for the ride.
My three girls! You can see how well the grass is growing in and how happy the sissies seem to be there.
Allow me to introduce you to Tinkerbell Ruby Sassfire Sparkly. Yes, Ainsley named her and if we dare to get it wrong we are busted. She too has to be buckled up while we drive.
My new brother-in-law Jake with the girls. He really goes by Jakey Poo! He was in a wing eating contest on Saturday night and as you can guess by the smile on his face, this is pre-wing eating.
Eat Jake Eat! I do not like wings at all so it was gross for me to watch. Rules were how many pounds of wings could be eaten in 11 minutes. Notice the man next to Jake :(
Time is up, he just has to swallow what is in his mouth. Jake took 5th and the winner walked away with $7500.00. I don't need the money that badly! Jake said he won't be doing that again. His first and last eating competition.
We went camping Friday night with our church ward family and although I think it's too much work for just one night, the girls had a blast.
Ainsley is licking her plate clean. No, not from her healthy food, from her roasted marshmallows. She just wants to make sure she gets every last bit.

My sweethearts. They say they are best friends all the time.

Emerson loves to make faces at the camera. It's a good thing though because she is hiding all the dirt on her face.

Do I ever wipe my girls faces?!? Ainsley is obsessed with band-aids, but I think she's still darling.
My dirty little princess. She gave us a scare on Friday evening by fainting all of the sudden. We are not exactly sure, but the only thing I can think is that we did not eat a good lunch and she played all afternoon without even a snack. I think she was just out of steam by 5 pm because when I gave her a cheese stick she perked right back up. Marcus is a bit Hypoglycemic so I might have to watch her. It really was horrible for Marcus because he was there when it happened and he said that she turned a "death" gray, the same color as Eden turned when she passed and just seeing that brought back a flood of emotions. Poor guy, it really shook him up. We are going to see her pedi just to make sure all is in check. About 30 minutes after it happened she became miss "bossy pants" again and I knew she felt better.
QUOTE'S OF THE DAY!
As you know, kids say the darndest things. While I ran this morning with the girls in the stroller they both said some interesting things.
Ainlsey: Emerson mentioned that a bug had died and Ainsley said "There are only two things you can die from, a sword through your stomach or a very sick heart." I smiled and frowned at the same time.
Emerson: "When I get three I will be big enough to ride Pirates of the Carribean all by myself."
Mom: "really, all alone."
Emerson: "Yep, I want to sit in my very own boat when I get three." Spoken from a true scardey-cat!
Thank you to those who still keep in contact with us. We appreciate hearing from you and we feel of your love and support. Count your blessings daily, it really makes life better.


14 comments:
What a good update, Keisa! I am so ashamed when I have what I think is a hard mothering day and then read your blog and remember what real trials are like. You girls are precious and beautiful. There is much to be joyful about in life and I thank you for the constant reminder of that. {{hugs}}
Oh the blessings and pains of daily living without one of our precious children...thank you for your raw honesty and words. Your girls are amazing...all three of them!
I so enjoy checking in on y'all...and finding such joy in your family.
Blessings & angel hugs to you~ Rebecca
Holy Cow!!! I had know idea Emerson fainted on Friday night! How scary-I even brought an apple for her and I had mentioned it when we got there. She was probably having so much fun and didn't think to eat. Crazy. I'm glad she came out of it. Those are great pictures. I want to know if Jake won any money??? I hope so because I'm with you on the wings-yuck! Also, a picture of Eden in the jogger is a good idea-maybe they could put their lamb there :)
I'm so sorry that happened with Emmy. That would most definitely shake you up. You'll have to keep us posted as to what the Pedi tells you.
I want to know if Jake took any money home too. Crazy kid.
Thanks for the comment Keis. It's always fun to hear from you.
what a touching post..you guys are amazing.. Thank you for commenting so much on our blog and supporting us through the last couple weeks. It really is true that counting your blessings and staying positive are really what controls our lives. I'm so glad you are able to do so and teach others along the way.
I hope that not eating was the only problem with little Emerson..you'll have to keep us all posted.. that is definatley not fun.
Say hi to Marcus and the girls, and hopefully we will see you soon.
Lots and lots of love and hugs..
I didn't know she passed out Friday night either....scary stuff. Hopefully you are right and just a fluke thing.
Your girls are so adorable! I wondered what that was on Ainsleys forehead....I have a picture of her Saturday at breakfast!
You inspire us all to look for the possitive , thank you for sharing, I do think you are an awesome little family and i love to visit with you, also that husband of your is amazing , he is always so patient with my (18 year old today )son and is always helping him accomplish something,he is a sincere friend to him, Greg has a high goal for this next spring /summer, to do the canyon with Marcus that is a very lofty thing for him but what better physical preparation for a mission. We are excited for that.
We love your family!
You inspire us all to look for the possitive , thank you for sharing, I do think you are an awesome little family and i love to visit with you, also that husband of your is amazing , he is always so patient with my (18 year old today )son and is always helping him accomplish something,he is a sincere friend to him, Greg has a high goal for this next spring /summer, to do the canyon with Marcus that is a very lofty thing for him but what better physical preparation for a mission. We are excited for that.
We love your family!
Your girls are amazing. To look into their eyes, it reminds me of the term
"old souls". You guys are so busy! It is hard to have those "places" empty. Empty nurseries, empty strollers, it is just sad. Anyways, thinking of you guys!
Heart hugs,
Emily
I am new to your website but I feel your pain. My third daughter died of spina bifida 34 years go. So, I wanted to answer your questions (to thebest of my ability) about time passing by. Her memory will never fade; that is a part of you that is permanent. Yes, you will always have a hold in your heart. Especially when you take family pictures and there seems to always be a space that should have been filled. The ache becomes more dull but never goes away. Yes, you will be afraid to have another baby. I was given a one in thirty chance of having my next baby born with SB. No ultra-sound in my day! I had to wait the full nine months to see. I was able to get three more beautiful healthy babies through before I said "Enuf". I also had six miscarriages thru it all. Yes, it stinks, the pain; the ache, the longing; the uncertainty but sometimes that is the price of motherhood. I will include you in my prayers.
Hi Keisa!
I know just how you feel when people ask where #3 is. That is really tough. When I tell people that this is my fourth child, they ask the ages of the others and I just have to say "5 1/2, 3 1/2, and a 5 1/2 week old angel in heaven". I feel badly, but that is the truth and I always love to tell people about Luke. Your family is so precious and I love that the grass is growing so nicely over Eden's spot. I pray that you all continue to find comfort and peace in everything. You are an amazing testament to faith and God's love. Keep up the great work!
Bernie
I can't stop crying over the story of the stroller.
Your daughters are beautiful, smart and so witty as normal.
I've never seen a eating competition before, that would be alot of fun.
Thanks so much for the icecream cakes yesterday!!! You guys are great! The boys loved it as their nightly treat - Tiff
Nice update! Glad you are having fun, despite the scare! Hope everything is okay there:)
Keiauni
Post a Comment