THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Two for Two

Look at that, I guess we can keep the chickens.  That's right, we got our first egg on Sunday morning and one yesterday as well.  We have not checked today yet, but Marcus says that we should start getting up to 5 eggs a day.  I guess our family is going to have start eating more eggs!  I was in the bathroom on Sunday morning and the chickens started clucking so I screamed for Marcus to check on them.  He ran out there saying that the noise they were making is very typical of what they do after laying an egg.  Sure enough, a few minutes later he came inside with a beautiful, tiny white egg.  If you all could have seen his face, it was the same happy expression as when all of our girls were born.  The eggs are tiny right now, about the size as a medium store bought, but he said they will get bigger as they lay more to about an extra-large size.  We haven't tried them yet, but I am dying to taste them and see what a fresh, organic egg looks like.  I'll let you know!

It is tiny, but oh so clean when it comes out.

I thought Emmy was going to drop it since she wouldn't put it down.

I am one proud mommy and I love to show my girlies off.  They LOVE getting those pink foam curlers in their hair on Saturday night for church.

The finished product with the curlers out.  Ainsley thinks she's Hannah Montana and loves to pose.

I would like to thank those of you who take the time to ask me how our little family is getting along.  It can be so difficult at times and I tell people that yes, time does heal, but not fast enough.  We love and appreciate all of you and your kindness and friendship to us.  I took my mom and the girls to visit Eden today and it always calms my heart to be near her.  I know she is really not there, but for me it is a physical place I can go and talk to her and the girls know that is where their sissy is.  We took her some new mylar balloons and Ainsley told her that we would bring her a toy from Disneyland and some Halloween flowers when we get home.  The grass has grown in so nicely and they are preparing to plant winter grass.  I really can't wait until I can go visit her without it being so hot I am miserable.  It is so interesting to me how Ainsley just loves to stay at the cemetery as long as possible.  She only spends a few minutes next to Eden's site, but she loves walking around.  I think it is comforting to her as well and a way for her to process and deal with everything.  A few nights ago she told us that she wanted a little brother, but not a sister because they get sick and die and brothers don't.  I do hope that we can have a brother (or sister) that is not sick next time!

7 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

Oh... how adorable the gitls look in their Sunday curls!! I love that you are getting fresh eggs...how are they not cooking outside though?

I pray for you and your family to be blessed with another healthy baby!

Andrea

C and T Orvin said...

We can't wait to be invited over for a big ole' Egg dinner! Just let us know the night!!

LaDawn said...

Marcus told me at church that you got your first egg. I was so excited for you guys. As soon as we got home Haley ran outside to check if we had any. I think our chickens are about a month younger than yours so we will have to wait a little longer.

Shari Tate said...

Sweet! When I was in jr. high we moved to Gilbert and it was NOTHING like it is now...but we had chickens, goats, and a milk cow. I will NEVER forget the first time my mom fixed us fresh eggs for breakfast.....I gagged and almost threw up!!!! It was so stupid....but I didn't want to eat the babies from our chickens!!!
Of course I got over it and loved them eventually....then my mom started fixing us our chickens..... I couldn't eat them!! That was pushing it too far!!
We eat eggs like nuts...so when the girls start selling them for Disneyland sovenier money let me know!

The B Family said...

Oh, I am have serious flashbacks to my childhood...Keisa, you remind me so much of my mother. She always put those sponge rollers in my and my sister's hair on Saturday nights after our baths for us to have curly hair for church on Sunday! I am smiling so big to see that those precious moms like mine still exist! (My mother went home (and is now rocking my Annabelle) when I was 16.) You are such a blessing to your girls!
I would love to talk with you, at least through email, about your comment as there's certainly a lot there. Wyatt really wants another sibling and prayed the other night for God to give us a baby with all of it's pieces (of the heart)so it wouldn't get sick and have to go to the hospital. It was so precious and so heartbreaking. I am not planning for anything anymore...we'll get more into that in email...trusting God entirely. Please email me at rsbutcher@bellsouth.net. I would love to chat!
Blessing to you~ Rebecca

gramyflys said...

Hi Keisa...hope things are settling down a bit at your house. Your girls are ultra-darling and look so happy. Aren't they so resilent after all they have been through this year? You and Marcus are amazing parents. What lucky little girls...all 3! We love you guys....Lori and Joe

4 in 4 said...

Keisa,
I stumbled across this and thought of you. God Bless! Love, Alex

Go ahead and mention my child,
The one that died, you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further.
The depth of my pain doesn't show.
Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending she didn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that she has been missed.
You asked me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine".
But healing is something ongoing
I feel it will take a lifetime.
~ Elizabeth Dent ~