THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Where Do We Go From Here?

I just have to start by saying that I love my little Eden so much and I am blessed for every day I have with her.


I am so proud of Eden because she has proven to be a fighter once again.  She has rebounded slightly from her sick spell and is looking a little better.  I say a little because her vent settings are still high and she does have an infection in her ET Tube (her ventilator tube), but they are treating it and we hope it will pass quickly.  She is also still having diarrhea, however they started feeding her again because she was having it with or without the food.  They think it's due to all of the antibiotics in her tummy.  Her sternal wound looks better and hopefully will heal up well now.  All in all, she is in a better place and I enjoyed holding her today and feeling her skin against me.  I just sat and kissed her little hand over and over with I rocked her.

Dr. Pearl had us come in this morning to meet with him and discuss the "game plan."  He said that her lung issues should not be due to her heart function, or at least all of the tests give that indication.  They would like to give her one more try to get down on her vent settings and either attempt extubation or get her to a better, more stable breathing place.  He also still believes that her heart is functioning exactly as it should be prior to surgery.  All of her issues remain a bit of a mystery.  None of the cardiologists, surgeons or intensivists want to do surgery right now because they are not very confident in her ability to withstand such a big procedure.  She is still so compromised.  Dr. pearl would like to get her healthier and stronger and then do surgery in about 3-4 weeks.  He also mentioned putting in a trach if she does not get any better on her ventilator settings.  They can stay in longer, are easier to manage and more comfortable for the baby.  I do not want to go that route, but we will do whatever is best for Eden.  He also reminded us that her next surgery is very, very high risk and we will have to prepare ourselves that she may not make it out of the OR.  I knew that in the back of my mind, but having him say it to me today was a reality check for sure.  I know that my Eden is so strong and she will fight her very best.  I also know that we have seen miracles with her little life and I believe that more will happen.

Please continue to pray for Eden that the Lord's plan will work in her life.  I truly believe that the Lord has a plan for Eden and our family and it will be for our good.  The Lord has blessed me so abundantly and I cherish Eden and this time with her as one of the greatest blessings in my life.  I have to thank all of you again for your love, support, prayers and kindness.  It is so humbling to be the recipients of so much wonderful service.  May the Lord bless you for your good works!  We thank you and love you.

5 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I am glad that Eden is doing a little bit better. She has been in my thought and my prayers just about every minute of the day since I read your story. Our family will continue to pray for her that she will become stronger. Our son had diahrea too and I think it is from the antibioticsl. God Bless

WheresMyAngels said...

Sometimes it is alot easier to get them off the vent from the trach, but I can so understand why you don't want to go there. But I did want you to know, I have know alot of children and adults that couldn't get off the vent until they had a trach. I don't know if you have posted it and I have forgotten or have missed it. But I was wondering what type of heart defects she has.

She is a fighter.

God bless and many prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking and praying for Eden and the rest of your family. She is such a beautiful little girl. I can't wait to meet her some day! Stay strong!!

Holly said...

I am so glad to hear that through all that she has going on all these days you are still able to hold her and she can feel and hear her mommies love for her. We continue to pray for her and your family. You guys are a huge strength to all those you come in contact with.

Em said...

That is good news that she is showing some improvement. I have never heard of an infection in the breathing tube. How interesting. Our prayers are with you, and although we do not know you, we know what you are going through. Have a wonderful Mother's Day and enjoy holding your little miracle!
Heart Hugs,
Emily Gourley
(Mom to angels Ryker and Lilly)