Well, they moved Eden to a completely different PCU unit on Friday, unbeknownst to us.
I probably should not be as upset about the move as I am, but we had no idea of their thoughts to move her. I did find a voice mail on my cell after the fact telling us her new room. The real issue for me is that she will now have all new nurses and intensivist doctors. We all know that Eden has not been very easy to figure out and don't want to go through the learning curve again. I was also very comfortable in our old surroundings and it was nice to know the staff and other families and I guess it helped me to cope knowing that I could chat with familiar faces. The real kicker is that Eden will go back to the cardiac PICU after her cath on Friday, so we uprooted and moved for 6 days! Just venting I guess. The bottom line is that we have to do what is best for Eden and if there are other babies who are more sick than her, I understand. We've just had too many experiences with her doing good and then taking a turn for the worst. It scares me that since we've had an uneventful week, she will change it up next week and it won't be pretty.
Eden is still doing well on her feeds, as long as they don't mess with or increase her 20 calories per serving. She remains on 20 cc's an hour of 20 calorie formula and no diarrhea. She is still really puffy so they have changed her diuretic to see if that helps. They really wanted to put her on a diuretic IV drip on Friday to get the fluid off, however every time they tried to get an IV in, her vein would blow. She has been poked so many times she doesn't have any available veins right now. Poor little girl! She loves to have her CD's playing and she LOVES to swaddled tight. It's so cute because her whole body will be wrapped tight and she always has one of her little feet sticking out for some fresh air. I will have to snap a picture of it! Her chest x-rays that look at her lungs are getting a little better and her respiration rate is better than it's ever been. I sure hope she can get her lungs healed. Her doctors always say that she just needs time to get bigger and for her lungs to heal so she can once again breath on her own.
Juggling the hospital and our already busy life seems to take a toll at times. I honestly don't know how I fit it all in an certain days and then I wonder why I'm so tired. I am so so thankful that my mom and my mother-in-law are willing to take shifts at the hospital or watch the other two. I don't know what I would do without the two of them. I don't know what I'd do without all the support we have received from so many friends and family. Thank you all for "being clutch players." I can't tell you how many times I've called a friend at the last minute for a favor and they are always more than willing to help. What a blessing you all are in my life. Thanks!
2 comments:
I know it is really hard to have a change, but a new set of eyes and experience can be good too. Maybe the new nurses and doctors will have a different look at her situation and could provide a new solution. Keep your head up! We are praying for you and your family!
Hi guys... Just didn't want you to think that I forgot about you. I have been religiously reading your blogs and praying for little Eden. Please come say hello in the NICU anytime you need to just take a walk or see some new scenery/faces. Hang in there!!
Love, Gina
Post a Comment