Enjoy the photos of our family with Eden.
They had to check everything out!
Ainsley saying good-bye and I love you.
We took the girls to see Eden for the first time since before her surgery two months ago and it was a joyful reunion. They loved looking at her and touching her and Emerson made sure that we were all very quiet by shooshing us every second. As we are still very unsure of Eden's future, I don't know if it was a good idea or not for them to see her again and rekindle those feelings. For the moment though, it was my family all together and I was one proud mommy! I wish I could tell you that Eden is making progress and getting better, but she is not. To be quite blunt, Eden is still very sick and we were told today by her intensivist that another surgery could be 7-10 days away and it will be a "very risky" operation at best. Everyone still hopes we can keep both of her ventricles, but Dr. Pearl really won't know until he begins operating and even then, it might not become apparent until after surgery whether the correct decision was made. I find Dr. Pearl to be a very optimist doctor, but even he says that it could be a "go for broke" surgery. The real question now is whether or not her little body, lungs and heart can withstand another major operation and what will her heart function be after surgery. I try to remain positive, but we were so unprepared for the gravity of her heart defect and the course we are now charting. They have stopped her feeds again because she has more diarrhea. She just can't tolerate the volume they would like to give her so she is back to IV food. As was the case a month ago, they will meet on Monday morning and discuss Eden and what to do with her. I get so scared thinking of her going back into surgery so sick, but I also think that maybe this is the only answer for her to have a chance at getting better.
We are amazed at the little blessings we see in our lives daily. I have learned more from Eden than I ever imagined and all without her saying a word. Please continue to pray for Eden and those that care for her that the Lord's will be done. Thank you for your faith and prayers and for loving and caring for our family. Your strength gives me strength when I think I can't go on. We love you and thank you.



9 comments:
Your girls are so sweet with their sister. I cant help but think they might remember a little from before they came to this earth spending time with their very special sister and learning her purpose here, whatever it may be. Maybe not exactly, but enough to give peace to a 2 and 4 year old. That could just be my thinking though.
So glad you all had a nice trip to Disney! But I am so sorry to hear about Eden. I will be praying for her, for her doctors and of course for you.
Many prayers that the surgery will heal her!
It was so good to see your girls at the hospital.. they are even cuter in person.. if that's possible! I pray that Eden will be okay through her next surgery. I pray that she can keep her left ventricle. I pray for your family to be together at home one day!! It's so nice to see a friendly face in the PICU. I'm sure we'll be there when Eden goes in for surgery and if you need anything at all, let me know!!!
What wonderful pictures of all your girls together! Moments like that are priceless! What a fabulous family you have as well. We are praying for lil Eden to be strong enough for her surgery and to get the medical care which she needs. We are amazed daily at your strength in all of this. What a blessing lil Eden is to all that hear about her. Have a blessed day!
i didn't realize how sick little Eden is. I'm so sorry. These situations are so impossibly difficult. but somehow, it seems as the though the Lord always knows how abundantly we need his love and comfort and then he immediately sends it. I will pray that you'll be able to feel of his love and comfort as you go through the next few weeks and esp. that Eden will do well in the coming surgery. In the meantime I will just continue to be amazed by your optimism and faith!
What a great family you have. Seeing those pictures of your little ones surrounding Eden's bed reminds me of the many Monday nights we spent as older siblings to the triplets visiting them in the NICU. Those visits, while short, will mean more to your kids than you know. Take care, and keep the faith. Our thoughts are with you.
Thanks for letting our boys play with your sweet girls and cute lil chickens...they felt like they were back in Arkansas again! :) You guys are great! Call if you need me to watch them anytime. - Tiff
Keisa! I found you on Heather's blog. Eden is so beautiful. I had no idea what happened and I just want you to know that you are in our prayers. Your family is so so cute, your girls are getting so big! I hope you are doing well!! -Britt
Post a Comment