THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 29, 2008

No More Formula

The big news of the day is that they have taken Eden off of her formula and are trying her on breast milk.  I am so happy to know that there is a piece of me with her all the time now.  I hope that she will tolerate it well as I think it can be very good for her and the immune properties will probably serve her well.  She is on a 14 day cycle of antibiotics for her latest infection and that will be ending the week of June 9th.  Therefore, they told me today that surgery will be scheduled for sometime that week, right after her antibiotics are finished.  She is still peeing very well and no diarrhea, even on full feeds!  She received a blood transfusion this morning (this actually happens quite regularly I just don't mention it) and they said to expect her to be positive the rest of the day.  This is normal after transfusions.  Other than that, she is holding steady.  This really is the Reader's Digest version today.


I am so proud of my little Eden and her strength of character.  She has taught me, among other things, the principle of enduring with patience and a positive attitude.   Despite everything that is thrown at her, she is still a content, peaceful baby.  I definitely need to moan and groan a little less and count my blessings more.  I have become more at peace with the next surgery because I know that we can't count Eden out just because it's a high risk procedure.  She hasn't let anything get the best of her yet, so why would she start giving up now.  If only I had as much determination as she does to conquer life's challenges.

1 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

She is a fighter! Great news about the feeds!