THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Taking One for the Team!

My little miss Eden is going to kill me and if she doesn't she will definitely give me a few ulcers. 


Let me give you a little background for this week in our family.  As you all know, after Friday's cath we were all under the impression that Eden would be having surgery this Friday.  I didn't say anything, but it's not a good weekend for us because my sister is getting married on Saturday and we have so many family and friends coming into town for the wedding.  What a damper that would have put on the wedding festivities.  However, we were going to go with whatever day they told us as we will do what is best for Eden over anything else.

Little Eden must have known what was happening this weekend and that surgery just wasn't a good idea so she "took one for the team!"  Eden came down with an infection in her new Broviac line and just starting a course of antibiotics yesterday.  Her doctors informed this morning that she ill not have surgery this week for sure and we are now looking at the end of next week at the soonest.  They want to have her infection completely healed before they re-open her.  I called my mom and sister right away and told them to thank Eden for being such a team player!  We know this infection isn't a good thing, but we are looking at the positives surrounding it.  She has been negative (peeing more than she is taking in) for the last two days and not just a little, but in the 200's and that is substantial.  It will take a number of days of being negative for her to lose all of the fluid, but we are hopeful now.  This can only put her in a better place for surgery.  Eden's goal for the week is to PEEEEEEEEE as much as possible.  I've never loved my child's pee pee so much!  In all other areas she is stable and we hope she can remain that way.  I have to admit that I am a little relieved to put the surgery off, but I also know that it has to happen and we can't wait too much longer.  Marcus and I decided that it's easier to have Eden in a "parked" position than to face the unknown with her operation.  Unfortunately, we have been told that this procedure is a "make it or break it" so we are very nervous.  I am constantly amazed by Eden though and I just can't count her out because she has proven to be the strongest person I know who has overcome so much already.  I have to believe that she will fight through yet again!

The experience today was another example to me that the Lord is in charge.  He provides a way even when we think there is no way that it can work out.  I am grateful that the Lord loves me and my little family enough to be concerned with our needs and I can't help but think that Eden was sent here to teach me a lesson or two.  Thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement.  We love and appreciate you more than words can express.

3 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

I love your positive outlook on the situation! Maybe Eden needs the extra time to get all the fluid off before surgery and she's just not ready for surgery quite yet. Things always happen for a reason! Not to say YEAH for infection, but the Lord knows what he's doing so we put our trust in him. Enjoy your family this weekend at the wedding and we'll pray that Eden contineus to PEE PEE PEE!

Angel said...

Hi all-
We are checking your blog daily and nighly saying our prayers. Jill and Kathy are keeping us up to date as well. We will see you this weekend. We have all been sick (taking turns) for the last month - I will be happy when May is over! We are thinking about you and the girls. Please let us know if there is anything we can do! Much Love, Angael and Mike

WheresMyAngels said...

Hurray for PEE!!Praying for a Pee River!! lol

Hope you all enjoy the wedding and prayers for Eden!