You can see just what a marshmallow she is.
I think her wound looks much better than last week, don't you?
It was my happy mother's day spending some time with Eden.
We love to hold hands and chat.
Eden is our little puff ball lately as she just can't seem to get rid of the fluid retention. They don't know why she won't let it go. As you can see in the pictures, she seems to arch her head back and they think it's because her neck and "jowls" are so swollen. She is still on the ventilator, but they have decreased her settings a bit. They are also feeding her again through her NG tube (the tube in the nose.) She is on a formula called Progestimil, which is lactose free and even easier to digest than breast milk. It is partially digested so all of the proteins are broken down already. We will hopefully get to mommy's milk some day. I think that all of her doctors would like to see her lungs improve a little and they are going to lay low this week to see if she can improve. Surgery is right around the corner we just don't know exactly when. If they have to do the trach, that becomes a whole other issue. It's so difficult at times because I love to have everything scheduled exactly and with Eden it is really day to day. I hate not knowing a sure plan of attack. We have to let Eden dictate the pace and obviously she like to take her time. Her surgeon feels that she is still trying to recover from the horrible blood infection she had around Easter. He said those are very dangerous and take so much out of these little babies. She continues to amaze me every day with her strength and determination to pull through. I hope this will serve her will in the future.
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mommies out there. Being a mother is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it is also more rewarding than anything else in my life.
I am thankful for Ainsley because she taught me how to be a mother. She teaches me every day how to love without end and her beautiful smile is contagious. She is my princess!
My sweet Emerson taught me how to be an advocate for my children. She shows me on a daily basis how to love others without boundaries and how to LOVE life. She is my miracle.
I love my Eden because she taught me the deepest of loves, that only mother knows. I am humbled by the spirit that adorns her and the peace she brings to all that meet her. She is my saving grace.
I love being a mother!
Thank you to all of the mothers who are such stellar examples to me of what I can become. Thank you to my own mother who I will forever believe is the greatest mother that anyone could ever have. I am so blessed!
8 comments:
Her wound looks much better, I would have to agree. What a wonderful Mother's day, and what beautiful lessons your girls have taught you. My Lilly taught me to love and appreciate family and friends, and no one has been able to teach me patience like Ryker was able to. It is frustrating to not know what each day will bring, and what will happen. But I know that Eden is blessing the lives of soo many, you would not even begin to imagine how she has touched the hearts and spirits of so many, and continues to do so, as does your family.
Heart Hugs,
Emily
I'd love to send a care package to the hospital. Please email me with the mailing address and I'll get it to your right away. If there is anything else we can do to help please let me know.
Pictures speak more than a thousand words! Swollen.. but still beautiful! Happy Mother's Day Keisa! You are a wonderful mommy and a great example to everyone around you. Your children are a reflection of you and they are fabulous! Call if you need anything. We are back from Disneyland. We had a blast! Thanks for all of the pointers they really helped. - Tiff
What a sweet post! You look so happy next to your precious baby. Your girls are wonderful. It is amazing how much a little person can teach you. You are awesome. I get back from Cali Friday. Let me know if I can do anything.
-Holly
I really enjoyed that post Keisa. Little Eden is Beautiful, and her chest wound looks like it is healing more and more! What a sweet little marshmellow princess! Glad to hear you had a great Mother's day.
She is still so beautiful even when she's puffed up. Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!!
Keisa, Thanks you for sharing your pictures and journal ( proud of you for that). What a journey you are on, I remember when I first met you and Marcus you were newly weds. Isn't it amazing how times flies bye, and how many things we have all learned since then. Thank you for your example of perserverence and faith. Thank you for sharing your sweet Eden, she is teaching all of us of the tender mercies the Lord gives each day, because each day with her is a blessing. Your Famliy is in our Prayers daily.Love ya Tammy M.
we are anxious for an update on little Eden...We hope and pray that all is well.. Her wound looks much better..she really is SO adorable.
Post a Comment