I hope I don't jinx anything by saying this but...
Eden is doing well! She is doing exactly what they expect her to do at this point. Now, that's a first. Her nurse Michelle said today that "frankly, we are all a bit surprised at how she is doing. It's so out of the norm for Eden." No matter what, she has beat the odds just making it to two days post-op when at one point it looked as though she would not make it out of surgery. I can't tell you how proud I am of Eden. She proves herself as one special little lady every day. I considered her to be my hero before, but she has taken the word "hero" to a new level for me. I am just a proud mommy I guess. No real changes for Eden. They are keeping her very sedated still and watching to see how her body reacts to post open heart surgery. They manipulate her medications now and again and have began weening her ever so slowly on certain things. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but she has a small pace maker type device helping her heart to fire at a constant pace and they are turning that down little by little. Because the heart is so tired and stressed from surgery, it is quite common to have a temporary pace maker. Dr. Pearl is thinking of removing the stint holding her sternum open tomorrow and sewing her skin together. They will see how her heart handles this and then talk about sewing the sternum and skin shut. It can be very stressful for the heart to have the pressure of the bone again so they take it slow. Slow and steady works best for Eden. She is peeing more today than yesterday and her envos is slowing rising. The envos measures the oxygen saturation (O2 sat) to the brain and obviously that is crucial. In my crash course on pediatric cardiology, I learned that 2/3 of our oxygen saturation should go to the brain and 1/3 to the body. As I have stated before, a normal person's O2 sat is 100. Before surgery, Eden's hovered anywhere from 75-80. She is now in the low 90's. Therefore, they would like her envos to be in the low 60's. When she returned from the OR it read 15!!!! Yesterday it was up to around 44 and today it is in the mid 50's. If you look at her pictures post-op this is that huge tape looking thing on her forehead.
I have been so uplifted and sustained from all of your sweet and encouraging comments. I look forward to reading them as they really do boost my spirits. I have been very happy the last two days, but guarded at the same time. It's sad, but I am so nervous to get too hopeful as I know how emotionally difficult the let-downs are. Call it mother intuition or the whispering of the spirit, but part of me thinks that we are not going to have too many problems this go around and that it is okay to be excited and hopeful. Such a game! I fell like I have aged 10+ years in the last three days and I NEVER want to replay Tuesday again for the stress and worry, but I would ALWAYS welcome the comfort and peace the Lord provided that day. I will never doubt again that the Lord loves us and that He blesses us daily. I hope I have learned to better recognize and thank Him for His tender mercies in my life.
20 comments:
Glad to hear everything is going great! Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.
The Bowlby's
Yeah for Little Miss Eden. We are so excited for your progress. Keep on fighting little one.
Love,
The Ryder's
I am so very happy Eden is doing so well. Praise God! Amy
Yeah!! Great job Eden! You are such a fighter! We are all so proud of you!!
The Valles Family
I am checking the blog constantly for updates and talked to Kathy and Mike today when I didn't see one this morning. I am so happy Eden is doing well, and we continue to pray for a great recovery. Much love, Angel, Mike, Cade, and Liliana
Praise God! Such good news. What a fighter little Eden is, she is amazing. We have been thinking about you and her and praying this day, awaiting news on her condition. Hopefully she has turned the corner now. Keep fighting, baby Eden!
Keep up the great work, Eden!!! We can't to hold and love you.
Sorry - I left out the word wait in my last message. We can't WAIT to hold and love you!
We are so thrilled that little Eden is doing so well! We will continue to pray for her! We hope Emerson is feeling better as well. May the Lord continue to bless and comfort you.
Diana & Kevan Roth
& Family
We are so excited to hear that Eden is doing so well! Thank heaven for little miracles in our lives! Eden is sure a fighter. YEAH!!!
I have a feeling that no matter what happens in your life, you will continue to feel the feelings of being blessed by the Lord. Even though you may not think we have any reason to feel blessed, that we would seem to have every right to be angry at God,I know that Heavenly Father is close to us, not matter what. From our experiences, it has drawn us closer to Our Father-in-Heaven. We are so grateful that Eden is doing well, and that she continues to improve! We are excited for her continued progress!
Emily
Always proving herself! What a strong little girl. I am very happy she is doing so well. I am with Karen in that I cant wait to hold her... if you ever put her down!!
Yeah for Eden and you all! We have been praying all week for you. We are so happy to read some good news! Keep up the good fight, Eden girl!
Much Love-Mike and Suzy Lee family
Go Eden, go!!! What a little champ...We are sooo relieved and happy to read such a good post. I know that Tanner has been texting Marcus and he always lets me know when he gets and update from him. We think about you guys constantly and are so happy for the good news. We pray for more and that it is only uphill from here!
What a beautiful little girl Eden is ...when you look past all of the tubes and IVs...she is just a little baby that glows. I love to see her little face. She has touched our family in a way that we can't even express in words. Thank you for sharing her with us - The Orvins
We are excited about her progress...KEEP IT UP LITTLE EDEN!!!
I wasn't done...
I know how each day, each moment seems to go on forever when they're in that state, and everything seems to move at a snails pace... But I always have to remember and tell myself that that is best for them, and they needs lots of time to get strong again. Even though she is doing well, I know how hard this all still is, so I will be praying that you'll continue to be uplifted and stay strong.
Believe it or not...we keep a check list of daily things that we need to do and Eden makes the list everyday! We love checking in on her several times a day.
What wonderful news to wake up too! I am glad that Eden is doing so well. This was probably what see needed all along. Our family can't wait for the day when we read the titel of the blog Going Home.
Tender mercy after tender mercy. He is teaching us all through your precious Eden. We must learn to trust in Him more fully and to accept His will each day of our lives. This baby is certainly someone special, with a spirit that is strong and stalwart. We are thrilled that she is improving and will continue to pray for her. We love you guys....The Emigs
My heart is so happy for you guys. Mircles do happen! Love the Tidwells
Post a Comment