THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 30, 2008

1 Corinthians 2:9

Dad here - 


Lately I've been thinking a lot about time and our frame of reference for it.  I think some times we, at least I do, tend to have a very narrow view and understanding of time and forget it is quite relative.  We forget that what is happening right now in our lives is but for a small moment in time in this life and especially in the eternal perspective.  There is a saying, "just as birth is not the beginning, death is not the end" and I know this to be true, but it's hard not to get caught up in your own tornado and think this is all there ever will be.  Anyway, I was thinking a lot about my shortsightedness this morning and all of a sudden I was reminded of a beautiful scripture from 1 Corinthians 2:9 "... Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."  It was amazing as I read this how the Spirit comforted me and helped me to remember that all this around me is but for a small moment in time compared to the grand scheme of things.   

 I really believe the Lord knows us each individually, that He knows our needs, is our Advocate with the Father and is there to comfort us in our time of need.  He wants to help us and if we can just see past the challenges of the day we will see the beauty that is in store.  Just as the rainbow appears after the rain storm, so it can be in our own personal lives as we endure to the end and work through our challenges.  It's hard to see it right now, but when I stop and think about the blessings in my life I am reminded that the Lord does love us and will bless us as we endure to the end.

I just wanted to thank all of you who have been so thoughtful to our family and especially my sweet Keisa with your little gifts, cards and kind words: it has truly helped us to endure this challenge.  May our Father's choicest blessings be upon you and your family for the kindness you have shown us; for it has been a great source of comfort to us in our time of need. 

4 comments:

Sandie said...

Beautiful! Something for us all to ponder and realize. When you are going through trials, it is hard to see the big picture. We wanted to say thanks, Marcus, for all your service! You are an outstanding servant of the Lord and we benefited from it more then you know! You and Keisa are such an example to all of us. We love you and your sweet girls! the Brummetts

likeschocolate said...

Thank you!

Tammy said...

Marcus , Interesting that you should be thinking this, it is true! Our VT teaching for June was on this very thing and I have been reading it and other material on the same subject. It really does give us a sweet perspective on life. Thank you for sharing, and for all of your service to our family, especially our boys you have gone beyond just being a leader , but a friend and they feel it.
May you and Keisea be blessed through all these learning times. Love ya, Montgomerys

The Simmons Family said...

You are one amazing man. Thanks for the message. The girls are lukcy to have a daddy like you and Keisa has ane great husband!