THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Mother's Worries

I find myself worrying more and more as Eden's next surgery approaches.  We are reminded all too often just how risky it is going to be and that it is her "make it or break it" chance.  I really try not to think of anything but the positive, however with all of the medical talk it is hard not to think of the what ifs.  Eden has shown us all how very strong and determined she can be, I just hope this is not too much for her little body to undergo.  She has been doing better the last week and a half and part of us want to see if we can wait a while longer for surgery.  This could give her a chance to get bigger and stronger, but she could also take a turn for the worse with infections or lung problems that would make surgery an even bigger risk.  The bottom line is that Marcus and I only want to postpone the procedure because it makes us so scared.  It is our "day of reconing" so to speak and we want to put it off as soon as possible.  Eden has looked so peaceful the last few days.  I like to think that her little spirit is in a much nicer place with our Heavenly Father and family that love her dearly while her body is in pain and discomfort.  With all of the blessings that the Lord has given to Eden and our family, I can not imagine that He would allow her to suffer or hurt.  I know that He loves her too much!  A mommy has to believe this or a challenge like this is just too difficult to handle.  The word on the street is still Monday morning for surgery as long as her infection is completely gone.  Infectious Disease is keeping a close eye on her.  When I arrived at the hospital today, I was a little sad standing next to Eden's bed.  I was missing holding her, seeing her cute eyes (she sleeps almost all the time) and being close to her.  She is such a big part of me, but so distant at the same time.  Just then Chris, Eden's nurse for her first three days after her first surgery, came in and gave me a big hug.  She told me that she would be here on Monday and would have Eden again and then she just said "I'm sorry."  That meant so much to me.  I want to thank all of you who have followed Eden's journey and have left so many kind, encouraging thoughts with us.  We feel all of your support and prayers and are forever grateful for them.  It is overwhelming to me how we feel an immense love from our Heavenly Father and all of you.  Please remember Eden and her surgeons in your prayers leading up to Monday.  One of Eden's little heart friends, Bela is having a difficult time right now.  She was the one we mentioned a while ago as she and Eden share the same birthday and she also has a chromosome disorder.  She suffered a very big scare on Sunday evening and needs our prayers as well.  On another note, I took Emerson for her two-year check-up yesterday and she weighs a whopping 23 pounds!  I don't know why they think they can get Eden chunky since my others are far from.  Ainsley is 3.5 years old and is finally 30 pounds.  The funny thing is that they are really good eaters, I just don't know where they put it.  Thanks for everything, we love you all!

8 comments:

Shawna said...

I just enjoyed "catching up" on what we missed while we were out of town last week. You are an amazing family and I know the Lord is aware of every pain and emotion each of you is feeling. You are in our prayers and we are keeping Elder Brady up-to-date on little Eden. We'll put her name in the temple tonight again and remember her in our fast Sunday. We love you and hope you know that we love Eden, too. Take care! Love, Shawna

The Simmons Family said...

Eden is in good hands as she goes into surgery on Monday. Not only skilled surgical hands, but Heavenly Father is right there with her. She will feel no pain and no fear! I will pray for you and Marcus because I know the fear of sending your baby off to heart surgery...it's aweful! I pray for you to have strength and peace of mind. I'm so HAPPY that Chris will be your nurse... she is my favorite and will take amazing care of Eden post op.

Keep on fighting Eden baby!!!

Karen said...

We're all cheering Eden on and praying for her! We too will be fasting for her on Sunday. We love you guys - your strength is amazing!

WheresMyAngels said...

Many prayers for Eden with her up coming surgery. I do know what it is like to hand your child over to the surgeons and God and feel so helpless. I can still remember with my first child, how I almost grabbed her and ran out the day of her first open heart. You want one more day, because you fear it is your last day with them. But you know you have to do this to give them a chance. We will continue to pray for Eden and your family.

Tammy said...

Kiesa & Marcus, We love you so much and you are in our prayers daily. You have been amazing examples to our family through your faith, and we pray for your continued strenght as well as Edens. What a special babe she is, she teaches and reminds us all that our lives are in the Lords hands. We will be fasting for your family, Eden, and doctors. May Heavenly Father continue to comfort you, that is our Prayer. Love,Tammy

The Mason Family said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will be keeping Eden in my prayers as Monday approaches. I pray that everything will go smoothly. Also I wanted to say thank you for posting Emerson's weight! Carlie, HRHS, turned two in March and has been at the 23 pound mark for several months. It just makes me feel so much better to hear that a HH child weighs the same! Keeping Eden and your family in my prayers...best wishes.

Shannon Mason
www.carepages.com
CP: CarlieMichelle

Angel said...

I am thinking of you and will be passing Eden's name and time of surgery on to my uncle who is a priest. He will mention her to his brother's in the order and all he says mass to. Every prayer counts. We love you and are thinking about you. Love, Angel, Mike, Cade, and liliana

Em said...

I know how you feelwith the make-it-or-break-it. The week before Ryker passed away, was a very frustrating week. His blood-pressure was really high (it got to be 126/80 which is high for some adults) and I truly felt like there really was no end in sight. I had a strong feeling that the next week would be the make-it-break-it. His pressures finally stabilized, and they started trialling him off the vent. Every day we would go in, and they would say, "maybe today he will be extubated!" I would think, no, not today, lets let him rest. The Friday night before Ryker earned his wings, they were going to extubate Ryker. My husband was at work, and it was my first night back. I asked if they could wait, because I was worried that if we were not there, he would not have the comfort that we could give him. It did not seem right, and I am grateful now that I asked them to wait. Had they done it while we were not there, I fear that he would have passed without anyone around him who loved him so. I would have been devastated. I pray that the time will be right for her surgery, and that her outcome will be the "make-it"!
Heart hugs
Emily