THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 27, 2008

Creeping Along

We are definitely not out of the woods, but Eden is creeping along.


They did not do her muscle flap procedure until yesterday afternoon around 4 pm and all went well.  Her plastic surgeon is a very professional doctor and al business.  She told us after that she was very pleased with the closure and thinks it should heal up nicer than last time.  I sure hope for Eden's sake that it goes a little smoother.  Her nurse for the last few days, Cindy, called me unexpectedly right before shift change last night just to tell me that she thought Eden was doing well.  She said that she has counted more than 4 doctors over the last few days say that Eden is "one tough little girl."  I am so proud of her and if you could have seen me then grinning from ear to ear.  We all like to hear positive statements about our children and at was super for me.  Of course I know that Eden is tough, special, beautiful, strong, feisty, fabulous and miraculous (I could go on forever!), but it's nice to know that her doctors think so as well.  Although she has a long road ahead of her, I think everyone is cautiously optimistic and pleasantly surprised.  She is still on quite a bit of medication to regulate her heart function, blood pressure, breathing and urine output, but as long as we can continue to ween ever so slowly, that is a plus.

Today was perfectly wonderful for me.   I arrived to see Eden looking pinker than I have ever seen her.  I could not stop commenting on how good her color looks.  She also had her eyes open for more than an hour while I was there so we spent the entire time just talking and looking at each other.  If you didn't know, it has been way too long since Eden could open her eyes.  She was so puffy and retaining so much fluid before surgery that she could not open her eyes even if she wanted.  Mind you, she still has a good amount of fluid to get rid of, but at least she can open her eyes and look around when she's awake.  They took her two chest tubes out and also her catheter so its up to her to pee pee on her own.  It was also so lovely to see her all dolled up.  Cindy is so fabulous at not only taking care of her, but pampering her a little as well.  She had a very cute little yellow barrette holding the front of her hair back and a darling blue and yellow bow adorning her pony tail.  That's right Eden has enough hair to have both a pony tail and barrette and at only 4 months!  That is one thing none of my child have lacked, hair.  All in all, my step was a little lighter as I left the hospital this afternoon and I will sleep happy tonight.

Thank you for your constant love, prayers, kindness, support and faith.  We will never be able to thank you sufficiently.

8 comments:

Life Unscripted said...

Such wonderful news to hear on this day. She sure sounds like a fighter, just like Bela, my sweet Lily girl, and all the other CHD babies out there. What tough little girls we have. I always loved to come into Lilys room to see her looking like the princess she is, and it helps when princesses have the color pink in their cheeks. We are still storming the heavans with prayers for her. God bless you and yours!

Karen said...

I'm glad to hear you and Eden are BOTH doing better today. You're both amazing!

Unknown said...

I was so happy reading your blog today. What wonderful news. Miracles are real. You have an amazing princess.
Love you guys,
Summer

The Simmons Family said...

Oh! I am so happy that her muscle flap closure went well and she is doing so well. I'm also happy that you have nurse Cindy.. we love her as well. Say "hello" for Mr. Owen if you think of it. Keep the good news coming!!

Andrea

Saving Little Hearts said...

Saving Little Hearts mailed a care package to you at the hospital in May and it was just returned to us. If you can email me at karin@savinglittlehearts.com with the correct mailing info we can resend it. If you need anything else please let us know.

Best wishes,
Karin Coulter
Saving Little Hearts

Ryder Family said...

We are so happy to hear of Little Miss Eden's progress. We pray that she continues to be a little fighter. We are still keeping you in our prayers. Has her name been put in the Temple too? I can call if you would like.
Love,
The Ryders

Em said...

Glad to hear that she is "creeping" along. What a little fighter! My kids too have hair, and I love it! Not red hair though, but still lots of it! Ryker had hairy ears that I told everyone were going to be buzz cut the second we got home! Here's to many more peaceful nights!

Tammy said...

We are so happy for your family, it seems all of your hearts are being blessed:) We cant wait to meet this little hero, she has already won all of our hearts. We are so thankful for prayer and miracles. What a blessing it is to hear about Edens progress, it really is a bright spot in life. Prayers always!!
Love Tammy