THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pinch Me Please

I took a video of Eden's little heart beating yesterday and I am trying to upload it so you all can see.  I am having trouble cutting it down to size though so bare with me.   I think you will find it interesting because it amazes me every time I look at it.  She continues to do well and I keep praying with all my strength that it stays that way.  They are starting to ween her little by little on some of her medications, but the still keep her heavily sedated.  If my sternum were wide open,  I would like to be sedated as well.  Dr. Pearl's plan is to take the stent out of her sternum today and sew he skin back together.  This will allow her sternum to begin moving together with the hopes of wiring it shut on Tuesday.  I hope she handles this well today because it can be a shock to their little bodies, especially if their heart is swollen from all the trauma it received.  She is peeing well too and that needs to continue in order for her to get rid of her swelling.  All in all, her doctors and nurses tell us that we still have a very sick baby, but she is getting better each day and doing exactly what they expect of her.  Way to go Eden!
We just returned from visiting with our princess and Pearl did take the stent out and sew her skin up.  She did as well as is expected.  Her numbers dropped a little, but nothing out of the ordinary we are told.  I forgot to mention that her envos (O2 saturation to the brain) was in the mid 60's yesterday, right where it should be.  It is 49-50 right now, but climbing since the skin closure.  She continues to pleasantly surprise everyone.  Personally, I knew she    always had it in her she just needed to get her very sick heart fixed.

We thank you again for your love and kindness to our family.  I pray that the Lord's sweetest blessings will be with you for your service to us.  I rely on the faith and prayers of each of you more than you will ever know so I thank you.

1 comments:

Em said...

Way to go Eden! We are so proud of you and continue to pray for you!
All our hugs and prayers,
Emily and Mike