Dad Here -
At 1:31 am on July 5th, Eden Grace Ridgway passed away. She was surrounded by those who loved her most, I was blessed to hold her and sing to her my favorite primary song as she passed from me, her father on earth, to her Father in Heaven.
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away
and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
We called grandparents to meet us at the hospital and around 11:00pm on July 4th we gathered in her room. We started with a prayer by Keisa's father after which my dad gave me a Father's Blessing. The three of us (Paul, my dad and me) then gave a blessing to Eden. In the prayer I blessed her and released her from her mortal body so she would be free from pain and suffering, to live in peace with God until we are all reunited once again as an eternal family. We then started to disconnect some of her medications but left those that would keep her comfortable and pain free. All of the grandparents took turns holding her after which Keisa and I held our little girl for a time. When it felt right, Keisa handed Eden to me and we extubated her and she quickly passed gracefully and beautifully in my arms.
The Spirit in the room was amazing and we knew what we had done was Father's will. It was so difficult to see our baby girl leave us, but we know it will be for a short time in comparison to eternity and that we will see her again. We were so happy she was no longer in pain. She had reached a point in the evening that it was becoming increasingly difficult to keep her comfortable because of her condition and everyone knew it was time to let her go.
We arrived home around 4:00 am and were soon awakened at 6:00 am by our early riser, Ainsley. It's nice to know that the world keeps turning and things continue on regardless of what we are going through. We are so tired yet we have so much to figure out. We know that through the Savior's Atonement we are comforted and strengthened. We feel this now more than ever before in our lives and are thankful to know that the Plan of Salvation is real.
We will post more later, but I want to again thank everyone for their love and concern for our family. We commented on the amazing number of people that have been touched and have offered prayers for our family. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we are now coping with the loss of such a precious girl. There was something special about this one and I wish all of you could have experienced her amazing spirit. We will truly miss her, but know she is where she needs to be.
52 comments:
Our prayers are with you and your family. I want you to know that we have felt and been touched by Eden's beautiful spirit. She is so precious. May you continue to feel peace and comfort at this time of need. We love you! The Baker's
Marcus & Keisa, We want you and your family to know we are praying for you all. Although Eden was on this earth but a short time she touched so many many lives. May our Heavenly Father continue to comfort you in your time of need. You are all so loved and are examples to us all. Kevan & Diana Roth
Our Love and prayers are with you Keisa & Marcus. I am thankful that I was able to visit your precious angel while we were down. I truly felt her wonderful spirit. We love you and know that our Father in Heaven will bless and comfort you. May you continue to feel comfort, love and peace. Love Aunt Marva
We have been thinking of you often. We are so sorry to hear about Eden. Heather called me first thing this morning. You are in our prayers. Love, Tim & Ruth
Marcus and Keisa- I've been following your little Eden's story since I first discovered your blog link on my sister's blog. Her daughter has HLHS and your comments and strength have been such a strength to us. We have been so impressed with her feisty spirit, and your family's spirit. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time... I'm so grateful that you've shared Eden's story with us and I pray that Heavenly Father will continue to bless you with comfort and pour His spirit out on your family. You have all been such an example to us.
Emily Hoopes (sister to Alysia Andersen and aunt to Gracey Andersen)
Marcus & Keisa, we just want you to know that our prayers are with you and your family at this time. What an inspiration to us your little Eden and family are. We've been continuously amazed at the strength you've all shown. May you all have the comfort and peace that you need at this time. Love, the Metcalfs
Our prayers are also with you and your family. Little Eden has blessed and touched so many lives. We pray that Heavenly Father will bless you with peace and comfort that he will take good care of her until you meet again.
We love You,
Love,
The Ryder's
We are praying that you will continue to have the peace of the spirit with you at this time. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us so that we could learn some wonderful lessons from your beautiful baby! She really did touch hundreds of lives and we are grateful for the powerful examples of faith that you two are.
Our hopes and prayers are with your family at this time. We pray and testify that, in time, the pain will recede and you will be left only with the sweet memories of your amazing little Eden. It is clear you understand how blessed you were to have her. At a time not too distant, she will let you know how blessed she is to have you. We thank you for sharing you life, trials, and testimonies with us; we have all been strengthened, touched, and edified. May the love of your own family and our ward family help to comfort and sustain you at this time. If there is anything you need, we stand ready to assist.
Love,
The Hulshoff Family
Ridgway Family, I hope you know that you are always in my prayers. Isn't it just so great that we have the Plan of Salvation? I know that families are forever and that you will see baby Eden soon. You are in My prayers forever! Love,Addi:)
Marcus & Keisa - I know that perfect sweet little spirits are sent to very special families. Your family has been an example to me since I moved in the ward. I was so impressed with the spiritual and physical strength you both posess as I read and followed the tender words of your blog. My family's prayers and thoughts are with you as you go through this journey. The Loftus family
I feel blessed to have been able to meet Eden and your sweet family. She is now a perfect little angel and free from all her mortal suffering. My prayers will stay with you and your family!!!
Andre
I am deeply saddened to hear about the passing of your beautiful baby girl, Eden. She was so beautiful, though I have only seen pictures, she has touched my heart in a way that I will never forget. There aren't any words to comfort your pain, but know that everyone will keep you and your family in their prayers during this time of need.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry for your loss.
We are inspired by the faith and grace with which you have shown through Eden's trials. Our prayers and thoughts are with your family.
Love, The Heaps
My heart goes out to you at this most difficult time. Your sweet Eden's story has touched my life and she will not be forgotten. Thank you for sharing her fight- May you be comforted and feel a peace that only our Lord can provide.
My prayers,
Katie (mom to Madison, HRHS baby)
Thank you for sharing the blessing of Eden's life with us! Your powerful testimonies have strengthened ours. We love you and continue to pray for you. The Gene Ho-Ching family
We love you and are praying for you at this difficult time. Eden has a special place in our hearts and we'll never forget her or this experience you have allowed us to be a part of. Thank you for your wonderful example and for the lives you have touched - and for sharing your little angel with us.
Love, Bryan & Karen
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Eden is with Heavenly Father now and was such a blessing to your family.
I am so sorry. We pray that you are surrounded by the love of God our Father, and that he grant you peace in comfort. Thank you for sharing Eden's story, your journey and amazing faith.
Love,
Alex, David, Isabelle, Nathaniel, Gabriel & Jeremiah
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.
Keisa and Marcus,
Oh you guys, I do not know what to say. I am grateful you were able to all hold her. I know how hard it is to see our precious babies suffer, and am grateful that families can be together forever. I look forward to the day that I will be reunited with Lilly and Ryker, as you guys do with Eden. What a valiant and amazing spirit! I wish their bodies could have an ounce of the strength that their precious spirits do. We are here for you, mourn for the loss of Eden, but feel the peace that the spirit brings.
Our love and prayers,
Emily and Mike Gourley
We are so sorry for your loss. We continue to pray for your family. Eden's short time on this earth has strengthened the faith of so many people. Thank you so much for sharing such precious experiences.
With love, Trevor and Lisa Whitmore
There aren't too many of us who can say with conviction that one of our children has made it to the Celestial Kingdom. You can. She is gathered up in His arms to await your arrival. Our hope should be that we will have the courage to make the decisions necessary in OUR earthly probation to be able to measure up to the height she has attained. She is a very special spirit and has taught all of us watching through your words and feelings. I, for one, look forward to meeting this valiant daughter of God.
We love you..The Emigs
I'm am so sorry for your loss. Eden could not have asked for a better family. Even though I have never met you or Eden, your family has touched me deeply. Many prayers for strenght to help you thru this. Continued prayers.
You are all in my thoughts & prayers during this time! Please take care of yourselves during this time!
I have been keeping up with Eden through your blog. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What a beautiful little girl. She touched my life and I've never met her. Your faith is incredible. I pray that the Lord will give you His peace that passes all understanding. May the Lord continue to bless you and your beautiful family.
Love,
Kirsten Lunsford
I pray the Lord will strengthen you during "such a time as this" May He wrap His loving arms around you as you pull together as a family during your grief. Yvonne Vail
I am sure its been said before but we are truley blessed to have been able to have felt Eden's sweet spirit during her time here. We hope you feel the comfort from our Heavenly Father and his plan. We love you and continue to pray for your family.
The DiPadovas
I just barely found your blog. What a day to find it. There are no words that are sufficient to express condolances.
I was able to go back and read most of your blog this evening. I must say your faith and reliance on the Savior are amazing. What a beautiful blessing to know that death is not the end...it is merely a change of address...and that Heavenly Father has provided a beautiful plan for families to be together forever. Keep that faith alive!
May you and your family continue to find great comfort and strength through the the Master Healer...and may God be with you 'till you meet again.
Oh Keisa, what a day to find your blog. My mom sent me the link after reading of sweet Eden's passing today. After reading about her sweet life I can see why you were chosen to be her mother. You have always been a strong woman and no doubt your faith and strength will carry you through your heartache. My prayers are with you and your family.
Much love,
Allison (Emig) Chan
Here from "Where Are My Angels" - your story is sad and beautiful. I can only pray that when it's my turn to be brave and filled with faith, I can do it with the peace that you have done it. I prayed for your family after I choked up telling my small son what I'd been reading on the computer. GdeE.
I learned about beautiful Eden through Angel Ryker's blog. I am so saddened by your loss and I pray that you find comfort that Eden is with God in heaven right now. Her heart is whole and I bet she is playing with all of the other little babies with whole hearts. Our son, Luke, passed away of HLHS on April 18th of this year. Like Eden, he fought a hard battle for 5 1/2 weeks. I believe that God sends these angels to us for a little time so that we can see His power through them. These babies are AMAZING and we are so blessed to be their parents. You all have a wonderful faith and I am truly touched by that. Please contact me if you would like to share stories about our angels. You all are in our prayers!
God bless,
Bernie Haberman
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lukehaberman
We hope you are able to find comfort at this time of sorrow and can know the blessing of peace knowing that you were blessed to have Eden in your lives for a short time. The wonderful blessing is that you will have her forever because of our Savior. We share your sorrow but rejoice in the gospel that brings us hope and joy. We love you for your strength and steadfastness. She was sent to you for a purpose and even though it may be difficult to see right now, you truly have been blessed for eternity. With love, The Bradys
I am so sorry for your loss. I checked the blog daily for Eden updates. She was a such a special and brave girl. My love and prayers are with you and your family.
What a beautiful post and tribute to your angel. We have been so touched, as has everyone who has had the priviledge of following Edens journey, by your testimonies and faith. We've been touched by the love you had for Eden and by her incredible strength. She fought valiantly and will be happily waiting for you on the other side for what is like the blink of an eye in the eternal scheme. We pray for comfort and strength to be given to you in abundance during this time, and I am confident that it will. We love you.
Avery and Tanner
Your family will be in our prayers. We are good friends with Tanner and Avery Milne and I check their heart friends often. I know you were a strength to them and so many others. Your posts are wonderful and I know our Heavenly Father will bless you with comfort at this time in your lives.
The Jensen Family
We are thinking of you guys and please know that you are in our prayers. Eden touched us all with her sweet spirit through the many beautiful pictures that you shared with us. It is calming to know that she is in a better place and pain free. Seeing a baby go through such extreme measures to save her life is hard to see. She was so strong and what a little fighter she was. Thank you for sharing all of your tender moments with us. We love you! - The Orvins
I am so very sorry for your loss. I have been following Eden's story from the DS board on BC. I am so thankful God gave Eden to you. Eden had more love shown to her than many people do in a lifetime. May you take comfort in knowing the hands that hold your heart, now hold your daughter. May God continue to bless your family. Stephanie
Dear Friends...
How else do I start a return comment to a family I have never met...will probably never meet, but I feel such an ache in my heart with your loss of sweet Eden. She was with you for God's time line...and we will all meet in heaven one day....what a grand celebration that will be! I thank you for loving her, as she was one of God's wee lambs...and in her sisters, you will find comfort, that her spirt will shine thru!
God Bless you,
(Alex and David's) Cousin Laura
Our prayers will be with your family through this difficult time. We will be forever blessed and strengthened in our testimony of our Heavenly Father's plan, because of Baby Eden. Thank you for sharing this most precious time in your lives with all of us. We love you.
Kam and Summer
Wonderful Ridgeway Family,
Oh how we wish we could take away some of your pain. No one really knows what your family has suffered,and how much you have gone through these last few weeks. Please give yourselves time to mourn and recover. The Lord knows your hearts and loves you so much, as we all do. You are gifted spirits that have already endured much in this life. May you feel the peace that the Lord has in store for you.
Love, Debbie and Jeff Brown
From one heart family to another, love and prayers your way.....I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Marcus and Keisa,
I am sorry to hear of Eden's passing. She has sure been a strong little girl. I have learned so many things from your faith and trust in the lord. Your family is amazing to have the strength and peace that you have. I have kept up to date as you know through your blog and I thank you for sharing your journey with us. May your strength in the lord continue to carry you through this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
Denise & Bob Sweeney
Marcus and Keisa,
I just happened upon your blog tonight and wanted to pass on my condolences. Eden was a beautiful little girl with an amazing family. I am so sorry for your loss, this world has lost a true angel and makes me so sad. I will pray for your family.
Oh, sweet little Eden . . . I've kept up on her story for months now and can only imagine how much you already miss her.
What a blessing, though, to have had her in your lives - if only for a short time. I am so very sorry for your loss, but her spirit will always be with you.
And I share your faith: Families ARE forever! What a lucky girl Eden is to have parents who live their lives in a way to make that possible.
All my heartfelt sympathy. She will be missed by all of us.
I found your blog a while back, from Avery's. Your posts have touched me- and I have been praying for your sweet family and your baby girl. I am so sorry to hear of Eden's passing. You have an amazing family. I will continue to pray for you all during this difficult time.
Ridgeways-
In all of your pain and sorrow, you seem to have a way of making all of us, your ward family and others who read your blog, feel the peace and love of our Savior through your words. Thank you. Our testimonies are strengthened by your faith. May the Lord bless you with the peace you need at this time. Our prayers continue to be with you.
Greg and Kortney Manning
Marcus and Keisa,
You will be in our thoughts and prayers. You are a great inspiration for many who are going through trials. Your insight and balance through this trying time will be an example for me and my family always. Please know that we will be thinking of you.
Todd and Jillian Farnsworth
Thank you for sharing the depth of emotions - the great love as well as tragic loss at separation. You and your daughter have caused us to reflect on higher spiritual planes. There is such a strength and "grace" about you and Eden Grace as you accompanied her journey by her side through her mortal experience. We love you and are grateful for your lives. Sonny and Karen Ho-
Ching
We are friends of the Milnes. We read your post. We are so sorry for your loss, for everything you've been through and for the road you must now face. Bless your hearts, people like you amaze us. May the Lord be with you always.
Post a Comment