I am very happy today because I have someone to take Eden's milk. It really seemed to work out perfectly. Some may say coincidence, but I tend to think that other powers were involved.
First, I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful suggestions. They were all so appreciated. Many of you have heard me comment about Eden's special friend Bela. She was born the same day as Eden also with a heart defect and a chromosomal disorder called Turner's syndrome. In my comments I tell everyone that the Tanner and Avery Milne and Bela are friends or our. They are now, but we really did not know each other at all until last fall. The ironic thing is that they live about 5 miles from our house and we learned of each others situations while still pregnant from our husbands. Marcus and Tanner at the time were business acquaintances and I would get all of my updates through Marcus. Since Eden and Bela were born (you can link to her blog from mine), Avery and I have only kept in contact through our blogs, but not a day went by that I did not think of Bela and how she might be fairing. Like Eden, Bela has a very complex heart defect and each day with her is cherished. It was not until Eden's memorial that I met and hugged Avery for the first time and how sweet that moment was. We were like old friends reunited, but we'd never met. Funny how one situation can bring people so close together. Anyway, right after my post yesterday about my milk, Marcus received a text saying that Avery would love to use the milk for Bela. I was honored! As Avery and I talked this morning she said that she had wanted to call me over the weekend and ask what I planned to do with the milk but thought it might be a touchy conversation. As I can relate, it is not easy to care for other children and a sick baby and pump enough to maintain an adequate supply for feedings. Bela can not breast feed or take a bottle any longer because of aspiration and growing issues so she gets all of her milk through her feeding tube. It works out perfect that as Avery is coming to the end of her supply, I have plenty to offer. You have to wonder if Eden wasn't looking out for her special "forever" friend Bela.
Some people may think this situation strange, but I feel so blessed that I can help another family who has come to mean so much to us. Every ounce of milk I have was pumped with love and I know that Bela and her family will be grateful. Today is a good day!
13 comments:
Keisa
I am so happy you found a heart baby who can use Eden's milk. My first thought when I read your post yesterday was, "There must be a heart baby whom you have made the acquaintence in the past few months who can use Eden's milk." This was meant to be.
I wish I had thought of donating all of Jeremiah's milk that I dumped when we discovered he had multiple severe food allergies. I kick myself every day for that folly, but if, for some reason, I have to get rid of the new "hypoallergenic" milk I have pumped since my elmination diet, it will be donated, somehow, and my first thought would be to Johns Hopkins PICU/heart babies, in honor of Gabriel.
Anyway, my heart smiled when I read this post! Eden's legacy will live on in Bela!
Love
Alex
Hi Keisa and family,
i've been reading your blog for several months now. What an amazing and heartbreaking journey you've been on. There are so many things I'd like to share with you, but for now let me say how happy i am that you are going to be able to donate your BM. What a wonderful, life-giving gift.
Several years ago I was in the position to donate milk to my sister. She dies 9 days after giving birth to her son (3 months early). I made contact with the Milk Bank in Denver and got the ball rolling. I loved being able to do that and think it's truly amazing that you are going to do that for another family.
We also have a little one, lauren, with DS. She will be 1 tomorrow - it's been a roller coaster of events and emotions but, more that anything, we are just grateful she is here.
I'm so sorry about your loss of Eden. You did such a good job of mothering and loving her and sharing her with the world. She has taken a spot in the hearts of many. I wish you peace in the coming months and years.
Keisa-
That is so funny that you mention just talking to someone through a blog and finally meeting them and talking like you have always known them. I feel that way with all of our heart families because we have read so much about eachother. I haven't met anyone in person yet, but I sure hope that we do! I admire you so much and appreciate that you took the time to check on our daughter. My heart aches for you but perks up when I think about Eden having had a hand in finding a use for her milk. What a story! God is good!
Heart hugs,
Suzie (Lindsay's Mommy)
I'm so happy to hear that little Bela can use all your milk...what a blessing!! Isn't it funny what a small world we live in and how certain people cross paths for a reason. Avery, you and I will have to get together one of these days!!
Andrea
Keisa,
Your recent entries have been so beautiful. Your words are a blessing and a reminder to me and I thank you for being strong enough to share your thoughts with us. I just saw the picture of Edens tiny casket and it really hit me- I just wept and wept. We were so sorry not to be there with you guys at her service. I am so happy that Bela will get your milk. It is too perfect to be coincidence for sure. XOXO
PS. that was me, Krista, not Dallas!
I think that is so cool, breast milk in my terms is like gold! I told Susy I would nurse Lexi for her, but her Doctor told her that my milk was at a different stage than hers. I thought that was strange, when you think of the pioneers I am sure they nursed other babies than there own!
I am sure Eden is so happy with your gift giving.
Love ya Bonnie
You don't know us, but we are good friends of the Milnes, and I have followed Eden's story over the past few months as well. To say this post made me cry is an understatement!! No doubt that Bela and Eden were friends before coming to Earth, and are still watching out for eachother. What a wonderful blessing for Bela to have your milk, and for you to find a good home for it.
I am so happy you found someone, and not just anyone,a very special little girl! What a blessing and gift!
Heart hugs,
Emily and Mike
Keisa--
I can't tell you what I'm feeling right now...there really are no words. I'm about to give Bela the first of your milk, and I can just feel that there really is something special about this. To read your words on this post and then read everyone's comments, I am overwhelmed right now...
I had such a good time tonight visiting with you... We'll talk again soon.
Thank you is not enough...
Avery
Marcus and Keisa,
I just want you both to know how special you are. I feel truly bleesed to have you guys in my life. What a blessing that Bela was able to take your milk. That is awesome. Your family is the Best!! Christina
Keisa, thanx so much for your sweet comment on Mason's blog. I have been tearfully reading about Eden(what a beautiful name)the last couple of days. What an amazing little spirit. I'm so sad for you that she has returned HOME to Heavenly Father. Each day in this world of heart babies I am more and more grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that families are forever. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am so glad Bella can use your milk! Do you think she needs more? I have a whole chest freezer full of my frozen milk and now that Mason nurses exclusively (he wont take a bottle now) I wont be able to use much of it before it expires. I was going to donate it to the Denver Milk Bank. I just havent sent it yet. Maybe I will post on my blog. Id rather have it go to someone I know needs it, like a sweet heart baby.
Your strength is amazing.
Sincerely, Summer Strickland,
Mason's Mommy
Definitely a good day! Bela is so precious to our family, too, and I am so overjoyed that she can benefit from your very hard work!!!
Heart hugs~ Rebecca
Post a Comment