A verse from a Queen song sums it up...
"Too much love can kill you!"
We lost one of our six chickies yesterday afternoon due to being loved to death. We are not quite sure what happened, but Ainsley was playing with it she says it just didn't wake up any more. As it is with all small, cute things, the girls love to squeeze the chicks and I think she just suffocated it. We joked that we needed a ventilator for our chick as well. Needless to say, Ainsley was devastated and cried that "Ariel" would not be with us any longer. We assured her that Ariel went to heaven and we remembered to pray for her last night. We also had a small memorial service in the back yard where we buried it. Boy did that bring back good childhood memories of all my pets and every time we had to bury and memorialize them. My parents yard is a regular pet cemetery by now.
Emmy hasn't quite learned how to hold a chick yet!
4 comments:
Never a dull moment, I always think that things happen when daddys away. I can't believe how long Ainsley hair is, what beauties! Derek and I decided to not bring our boys for the wedding, now that I read your blog I wish I was. Gabe loves playing with GIRLS, I but him and Emmerson would be best buddies!
Hi Keisa and Marcus, I love reading your posts about your darling family. We are so happy that Eden is doing so well. Your girls and just adorable and we are so happy that things are turning out well for you..we love you.
Joe and Lori Emig
How fun for the girls to be little mommies to the chicks!! I bet there is never a quiet moment in your house... how can a girl nap with cute little chicks in the house. Your girls are adorable with them!!
Oh... HOW MUCH FUN!! I love the chicks. It is so good to see a friendly face in the NICU as the days all mesh together into one.
Andrea
Post a Comment