Marcus and I were so discouraged today when we arrived at the hospital. Eden just seems to us like she is not making any progress to get better. It's really hard to get to the hospital day in and day out and have them say to us that she is the same. On the bright side, she is not getting worse at this point. I don't want to sound completely negative. Eden did get her remaining two chest tubes out today. They are still trying to wean her off of her two blood pressure medicines (Dopamine and Milrinone). She was off of both of them before the infection so we hope it happens soon. Her white count is still about 22, but nothing is growing in her cultures so it might be a stress response. Not like she's been under any stress lately?!? Dr. Pearl, her surgeon, came in and it was so nice to talk with him. He told us that she was making progress, it was just very little at a time. He also said that maybe it's just who she is to have a lower blood pressure and maybe they are making more of everything than they need. She also had a CT scan today to see if her brain function had been compromised. Thankfully, the scan came back perfect. She will go in tomorrow morning for a cardio catheter which will be inserted through her groin and map her heart function completely. They think her heart is performing fine, but they keep doing tests just to make sure they have not missed anything. Her Intensivist commented that as she gets more complicated in her little issues, it gets more complicated for them to treat her. It really is a puzzle. After talking with Dr. Pearl, Marcus and I were so happy and felt very comforted that it wasn't as discouraging as we though. It's just so hard remembering that it's a long road to recovery.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Discouraged
We love our little Eden so much and want her so badly to get healthy so we can bring her home and love on her and spoil her. I think she deserves it. We really feel blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family concerned about us and praying for us. The Lord has been very good to us and we feel so blessed to have qualified professional to care for Eden. We are definitely modern medicine fans!
Posted by The Ridgway Family at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We are just very happy she is still progressing and is having more tubes removed from her little body each day. I can only imagine what you guys are having to go through but I dont think there is anyone out there that could hande it better than the two of you. We are glad to have moved in to such an awesome ward with amazing examples like your family. We cant wait to see her... keep up all the hard work Eden!
-The DiPadova's
I'm happy to hear that Eden is progressing. Somedays in the PICU it feels like NOTHING is changing and the nurses are just going through the motions as you sit there and feel helpless. All you want to do is bring your baby home! Dr. Pearl is very caring and on several occassions had to give us reassurance. Keep on chugging along Eden!
Keisa,
I just read your comment on our blog. I would love to talk to about your sweet little girl, Eden. Our Zachary is just a few weeks older than Eden and has Down's and a very similar heart defect. Our hearts go out to you and we promise to keep you in our prayers. I am so impressed with Eden's ability to fight. It looks as if she has overcome so much already, and I pray God continues to give her strength to keep on fighting. Please email me and I can give you our phone number. Take care. Amy Branton amybranton@gmail.com
Post a Comment