THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random Act of Kindness (and pictures)

I was reminded what a true friend is today.

Marcus and I bought some flowers a few weeks ago to plant in our two pots on the front porch.  However, the flowers have sat on the front porch still in their little containers ever since without us having time, or energy to plant them.  Needless to say, they are completely DEAD.  Well, I came home today to beautiful petunias in both pots.  I don't know who did this very kind deed for us, but we are extremely thankful.  It brought a big smile to my face and made me so happy.  Thank you.

Now for our little Eden.  She continues to do well and Marcus and I don't know if we should be really excited or get a little nervous because of past experience.  I prefer to relish in the good moments though since they help me survive the scary times.  They have her up to 13 cc's in her feeding tube now with mild distention.  She has been a little gassy, but since she is still peeing and pooping as she should they will continue to go up.  Her ventilator settings have been lowered yet again and they tried her first round of "sprints or intervals" this afternoon.  This is when they turn to vent completely off and make her breath on her own for a period of time.  They wanted to go for 2 hours with her, but after about 45 minutes her respiratory rate was too high for their liking so they turned the vent back on.  If her blood gases look okay, they will try another sprint tonight sometime.  Marcus spoke with Dr. Pearl, her surgeon, this morning and he thinks that all of her issues are still tied to her heart.  It is just not as strong as it could be and they might have to bump up her surgery depending on how she does in the next week or so.  He is still confident that she can have a two ventricle repair, it just might have to happen sooner rather than later.  I am getting so ancy to hold her again so I think I might ask if it's possible.  I believe that holding her would help her to heal faster.  She needs her mommy to cuddle her and I need to feel her against my skin.

We continue to bask in the thoughts, faith and prayers of all of you.  We know that all of these positive strides are due to your prayers.  Thank you so much and please know that we are humbled and grateful for all of you.  Pray that Eden will be able to overcome the ventilator and breath on her own again.


I hope you enjoy the pictures.  Our little Emerson turned 2 last Friday, the 11th, so I felt that she deserved some blog time.

Emerson turned 2 last week the 11th.  Here she is with Daddy at her party.

Emerson LOVES flip flops and jewelry.  She is a girl after mommy's heart.

I've always though that Ainsley looks half dead when she sleeps.  She loves to sprawl out.

If you are thinking, is the younger one Emmy on the top bunk, you are absolutely correct.  Ainsley wants nothing to do with it and Emmy thinks it's a crib!

6 comments:

Jean said...

I will try this one more time. I got connected to your blog from my good friend and former Nanny Andrea Simmons' blog. I have enjoyed reading through and hearing how Eden is doing it was also fun seeing the girls pictures. Love and prayers are a wonderful thing. I will now be returning to the office on May 19th if you should need anything sooner you can email me jeanmmullen@hotmail. Thoughts and prayers to all of you. Jean (aka Dr Mullen)

C and T Orvin said...

Happy Birthday to Emerson!!! What a pretty lil girly girl!
We are so happy to hear there are positive changes happening with Eden! Things are looking up for the Ridgeway family...relish the little moments.

Keiauni said...

that RAK is so sweet. So is your little Emmy. What an adorable little redhead! Happy birthday little doll!

Hopes and prayers for you all.

Avery said...

Horray for some progress!! I'm glad she's taking your milk okay..that is the best feeling. I can't wait until she's back in your arms..i know it will be soon. She's taking the time she needs to get strong, she's been through so much. We are always thinking of you guys...

everything petersen said...

Happy B-day Emmy! Wow I can't believe see is 2. I am glad Eden is having good days, what a trooper!

WheresMyAngels said...

She is so cute!! Happy Late Birthday!