THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 14, 2008

Extremely Perplexing

As you can see, we have given our blog a much needed face lift thanks to the help of friends.  I sure do enjoy the lovely tulips much better!


Well, I don't want to jinx anything by saying that Eden had another good day today.  I really am so happy that she seems to have turned a little corner, but I am also very hesitant in getting too excited because I know that backward steps can happen at any time.

When I arrived this morning I knew that I would be speaking to her cardiologist about the "big decision."  The team of cardiologists, surgeons and intensivists all met this morning to discuss little Eden.  Oh to be so popular!  Anyway, they did a repeat echocardiogram this weekend with the cardiologist present and he said that he did not see an abnormal gradient on the aortic valve and he did not see any muscle build up in the left ventricle either.  This was such good news for us.  He also said that they were extremely perplexed with Eden because she has suddenly started to do so well.  I just smiled, but I know that it has everything to do with all of you fasting and praying extra hard for her yesterday.  He said that they do not have to do the Norwood surgery right now and they are still planning on just one more surgery in about 3-4 months.  If she keeps ups the good work she could very possibly get to a point where she is just eating, growing and getting stronger.  We have always known she had one more surgery in front of her and if it can wait for 3-4 months I would be so happy.  They are also hoping at this point to keep the left side of her heart since people in general do so much better with a two ventricle heart as opposed to a one ventricle heart.

Eden is also taking a whopping 8 cc's in her feeding tube now with no stomach distention.  I am so proud of her today and I know that we have seen a miracle with her healing.  Marcus and I are so thankful for all of you and the faith you have in our little girl.  We feel that this is a direct answer to many prayers offered in her behalf and we know that we have witnessed little miracles.  Please continue to pray that Eden will improve each day and "perplex" her doctors once again.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Yeah for another good day! We are so glad she is doing so well and keeps those Dr.'s on their toes with improvements. She is such a tough little girl. Keep it up Eden Baby! Lok forward to some more pics of her sweet little face! When you get a chance of course... no rush!

Keiauni said...

I'm having some happy tears for your family today.. I'm so glad that you had a good day.

WheresMyAngels said...

More prayers headed over!

The Bowlby Bunch said...

Glad to hear Eden is doing so well. Look forwrd to more good updates on your little baby!!
The Bowlbys

The Simmons Family said...

GREAT NEWS!! I'm so happy she doesn't have to go through the norwood! I hope things continue to go well and that she keeps those cardiologists guessing.

Andrea
Owen's Mommy

Lisa W said...

Hello! We haven't met but our husbands went to Wood Badge together. We have been reading your blog. Please know of our love for you and that our continued prayers are with you, Eden and your sweet family.
Much Love, Lisa and Trevor Whitmore

4 in 4 said...

Yay for good news! We will continue to pray for Eden and your family every day!
Love
Alex

Heart Mommy said...

I am so happy to have more heart "family" I had to go back to a few posts but I saw those darling pictures of Eden....She is sooooo yummy!!! I could just nibble her... I love her name, when we were expecting our little girl Eden was a name we considered...Have you ever heard her song... I will have to find it for you... It is perfect... We wish you more and more good news and please; if you need anything let us know... I would be happy to help with anything....