I hope you enjoy all of the new photos. I think that my little princess is looking very beautiful.
Eden is doing well, all except that darn ventilator. She is on 20 cc's an hour for her feeds, which means she's on full feeds. They have also gone down on one of her main IV blood pressure medicines (Milrinone) and they are replacing that with another oral heart/BP medicine. The good thing about that is that she can not leave the hospital on Milrinone, but she will most likely be on a couple of oral heart medicines until her heart is repaired. Not that she is coming home any time soon, but it's a start. They will also take out another IV if they can phase her off the Milrinone. They are trying to not give her as much pain medicine and make her learn to calm herself. However, they will keep her on a low dose of pain medicine as long as she is on the ventilator because it is uncomfortable for her.
It has been so nice to hold her the last few days. I believe that she needs to be held and that it will help her to get better faster. Last night, I also took it upon myself to put a hair bow in her hair. I also asked if she could be dressed. The wonderful night nurse put a darling sleeper on her and now she looks so cute, like an actual little baby. The funniest thing is that when I put the hair bow in she looked at me like "now what are you putting on my head!" I simply told her that she is a girl and this is completely a vanity issue for girls to look cute, especially with all of her hair. Today was a really special day for daddy as he was able to hold her for the first time since before her surgery...6 long weeks ago. He must has been very happy because her fell right to sleep. Eden was watching him the entire time.
We have seen so many blessings in our lives through this experience. We love and appreciate each of you and your faith and prayers for Eden. We know that the Lord has a hand in Eden's recovery and will bless her as He sees fit. Thank you all again for being examples to us and please keep praying that she will be strong enough to come off the ventilator soon.
4 comments:
Eden looks beautiful. I love the bow in her hair. What a sweet little baby girl! Keep up the faith - we're praying for Eden and for you, as always. Love, Karen
She is a very beautiful baby and I LOVE the bow and sleeper. Glad to hear she's coming off the milrinone because that's ONE step closer to coming home. Owens at PCH today for his cardiac cath and we're spending the night in the PICU. I'll look for Eden's room and drop in if I see you!
Andrea
Owen's Momma
Such a pretty girl. Love the bow! I always tell Lexi that beauty is a duty...just another fun part of being a girl. ;)
I'm getting so excited to finally meet your girls. I've heard SO much about them forever...I'm so glad that we can finally meet!
Keisa, She is Beautiful. I but your loving life now you can hold baby Eden!
I can't wait to see you in May!
Post a Comment