I am very sad to say that they had to re-intubate Eden last night at about 1 am. She was just struggling too much and could not continue breathing without assistance. They say that she went into respiratory failure. I hate the word, failure, it's so harsh. They also say that she has three failed attempts at extubation. There's that word again. I personally think that Eden is anything but a failure! Basically, at this point they do not know why Eden couldn't breath on her own. Her brain CT scans have come back normal and fine and all of her heart tests show that it is not her heart causing the respiratory issues. They also do not think that it is an upper respiratory issue. Once again, Eden has stumped her doctors. Other than this, she is doing well. They have reduced some of her blood pressure medicine and she is up to 18 cc's and hour in her feeding tube. They will put her up to 20cc's and then hold her there as it is considered a full feeding. I have decided that I am going to start putting bows in her hair because too many people refer to her as "him." Who names their sons Eden?
Friday, April 18, 2008
Extubated No More
It has been a very emotionally draining day for me. I did get to hold her though and that made me feel so much better. I know that Eden will do things on her own time, I just have to be patient. We continue to pray that her lungs will heal completely and she will finally be able to breath unassisted. Thank you all for keeping her in your prayers.
Posted by The Ridgway Family at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear Eden is having difficulty breathing on her own. I will be praying for her...she is definitely not a failure, just telling you she needs a little more help. Learning to be patient and wait on anything but my timing is the hardest lesson I am learning as well. Keep listening to what God and Eden is telling you. Your strength is so encouraging and I so appreciate you being so "real" with your writings! Amy
So sorry, Keisa. It is still great to hear that otherwise she is doing well! I'm sure she'll get there...sweet little thing.
on a lighter note...
I have a friend named Eden from high school...who happens to be a BOY!! (hee hee)
Prayers that the next time they take it out, it stays out and she does well without it! I know this has to be so very frustrating for you!
Keisa and Marcus,
You don't know me but I feel like I've become close to you little Eden through your postings. I worked at Mutual of Omaha with your father in law. We called him "Doc". I don't work there anymore but wanted to let you know that I've been praying and fasting with you all for little Eden and that you're such a strength to me. I have a handicap daughter and make bracelets to donate some money for her hospital (St. Joseph's) and clinics that help her. I'd like to make Eden one if I can- for free of course, and one for each of your daughters If you'll let me. Go to my website www.babysoelegant.com and have your girls pick what they like and let me know at tmbr116@aol.com or on my blog and I'll get them to you through Bryant or somehow. There's one of the bracelets that I especially think would be neat for Eden. It's the one that's with the "medic alert" bracelet. I really like the "survivor" bead in the middle. You can pick from Survivor, Love, Courage, Joy, and Faith. Very fitting for your little one =). I'm not sure if she's aloud to wear this in the hospital but I'll make it out of all sterling silver so it's really gentle on her skin and it'll help distinguish her as a girl =) Hope to hear from you soon.
Traci Lindsey
Keisa - we missed you at church today...heard about Emerson being sick?...and the almost house fire. Marcus sure was frazzled on the pulpit today :) We love the detailed blogs that you have been writing. We feel like we are right there. Casey would love to meet you and Marcus at the hospital to see Eden. Maybe this week... depending on the circumstances. You are so strong... what an inspiration you are to us!
Post a Comment