THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Unexpected Change in Mommy's Plans

Change of plans at a moments notice - just one of the joys of motherhood.


My little Emerson is suddenly very sick.  She was up all night with a high fever (104) and vomiting.  Marcus and I combined for about 3 hours of sleep if we're lucky.  Emmy is so sick and lethargic and it has been really tough to get her fever down,.  We finally had to resort to rectal suppositories as she can vomit those back up.  Now that I am germ infested, I don't want to be around Eden.  I would hate to give her something at this point.  So, instead of me being able to see and hold her today, Grammy is going to go in my place. I am a bit disappointed as I was so looking forward to it.  I called this morning to find out that she did fabulous on her 4 hour sprint and her gases afterward were some of her very best.  They also plan to extubate her early this afternoon and I will miss it.  This is what happens sometimes to a mommy.  I just have two little ones to worry about today.

Please pray for little Eden that she will extubate successfully and be breathing on her own like a pro. 

2 comments:

Susy said...

I am SO sorry Emmy's sick. I hope it's a quick one. On the other hand, we're so so so happy that Eden has shown so much improvement. I sure hope she continues.

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh no, hope everyone is well and prayers out for Eden that she continues to do well!