First and foremost, please keep Eden in your thoughts and prayers as she is a very sick little baby right now and using all of her strength to get through this.
It was another emotionally draining day with her going back into the OR. Dr. Pearl took her back to clean out her incision site where the infection started and cut away any dead tissue. While in there he also checked her sternum to make sure the infection was not in the bone. Thankfully, it wasn't. At that point he had a plastic surgeon look at her muscle flaps to see how they will close her up. Her skin is once again open and they plan on taking her back into the OR in a few days with the plastic surgeon to close her up. They will use muscle flaps under her skin in place of the skin and tissue they had to scrape away.
She has been stable all day for the most part. They have put a catheter back in and now she has blood in her urine as well. This is probably due to her low platelet count. Her platelets should be around 200 and they are at about 89 right now. If they get near the 20's they will do a transfusion. Her little body just doesn't have the time to replace all the blood that is being lost.
Another good thing is that her white blood count is down. Your white blood cells go up when you have an infection. The normal range is 5-10 in babies her size and last night hers was at 26. On her last blood draw, they were at 18 so that means she is responding to the antibiotics. They are still concerned about the gut issue and are hoping that surgical intervention will not be needed. I pray that she responds to the medicine and no food in the tummy route rather than another surgery. Again, the doctors are pretty confident that all of these problems trace back to the infection.
I know that she is getting the best care possible for her and they are doing everything imaginable to get her better. It is so hard to admit that I don't have any control over the situation, but I have to turn it over to the Lord. I am so thankful that I don't have to do this by myself and I have family, friends and even those I've never met praying for Eden and my family. It is amazing how amid all of the stress and chaos of the situation, when I ask the Lord to help me I get a peaceful feeling that all is well.
It's been a long day so I'm going to bed for some much needed sleep!
Thank you all. We love you.
6 comments:
Your new post came up as I was posting my last comment. We will pray for her. I know you dont know me but if you need anything -- please let me know. I have two other children and live right by Melinda if you ever want to bring your girls by for the day so you can go be with Eden. Hang in there. Everything will work out!
I am one of the moms from BCB, I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you all. I have just read all of your blog, and your family is beautiful! I can relate to some of what you are going through (I posted on the other board). Just try rely on others and know that the prayers of friends, family and strangers will pull you and your family through this!
Marcus and Keisa, Your famiy is in our thoughts and prayers. We pray for peace and comfort for you in these long, trying days and nights. Please let us know if we can help you in any way. Love the Heap family
We continue to pray for you all day and night... She is an amazing, strong little girl and she'll continue to fight. I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this, but am so impressed by your faith. We pray for you to feel comforted through this time, and that the doctors will know what is best for her and get her well. You are right, angels are always with her, we knew they were with Bela. Even when you have to leave her, they are always with her.
All our prayers and love to you and little Eden.
You are all so strong, and we know you will get through this.
Bless you all.
Marcus and Keisa, thank you so much for these blogs and for sharing your sweet little Eden with all of us. She is a beautiful little girl and we are so sorry that she has to go through so much. You show such faith and strength and what a great example you are to all who know you. We will continue to pray for you and little Eden every day. Love the Hilton Family
Post a Comment