THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Perspective

Another day has come and gone (almost anyway) and we continue to be amazed by the outpouring of love and kindness to our family.  Thank you for your constant prayers and thoughts for Eden.  She needs them and I know that they make a difference.  I actually had a nurse tell me yesterday that babies that are prayed for recovery better than babies that are not.  The power of prayer really is amazing, isn't it?!?


Eden continues to make progress, however slow it is.  Marcus and I have learned that the recovery process is just that, a process and more than anything, it takes TIME.  We were so anxious for the surgery and now that it's over we want her better right away, forgetting that it doesn't happen ever night.  Yet another lesson for me in patience and trust in the Lord and his timing for everything.

She did try to open her eyes a little today, although she is still very sedated.  It made me miss her cute little face and how it felt to hold.  At least we had 9 days to hold and love on her before the surgery and it helps to know that we will have many more soon to come.  She is still a little puffy, but she is urinating very well now so the puffiness should be gone soon.  They still think they will close her sternum and sew the skin up tomorrow or Saturday.  Although I can't really do anything for her right now, I still take comfort in just being there and sitting by her.  I like to think that she knows when I talk to her and she can tell that it's me kissing her little feet and cheeks.

All in all, we are so blessed and I am so grateful for modern medicine.  It has been a lifesaver more than once) in our family.  Thanks to all of you again for everything.  We could not survive this without you.

6 comments:

everything petersen said...

I am so glad Eden is getting through this, how are her sisters and parents?

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!
I am looking forward seeing you at Mckells wedding.
Love always Bonnie

Amber Webb said...

Glad Eden is continually getting better, we think about you guys everyday. Sending you our love and prayers.

Dustin and Amber

Dallas and Krista said...

Keep up the good work Ms Eden!

Keiauni said...

I can't help but scroll down to that little photo of sweet thing's face...
Little Eden, you make me smile!

and Ainsley, Emerson, Marcus, and Keisa... you are all so strong! Great job on hanging in there.

I'm so glad that things are looking better and better!

All our love and prayer to you.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about Eden's progress! What wonderful news!! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!
Carie

Avery said...

Marcus and Keisa--
We are soo happy that Eden is making some good progress. It is the greatest thing in the world to watch tube and needles keep coming out one by one. I can't wait until they can close her chest, that will be so wonderful for you guys. We pray for you every day and think about you and Eden constantly. We know what you have been going through and the patience and faith that this is requiring of you. You are both examples to us. We'll both get through this and have beautiful baby girls to take home and love on soon enough!
Tanner and Avery