Eden is one tough little baby. I am so amazed by her determination to fight through all of this and get better. The sweetest part is that when she is awake, she just looks around very happy and content. I very rarely see her act as if she is uncomfortable or upset. I am already convinced that she is a better person than me because I would be moaning and groaning all the time.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Step By Step
Her surgery went well to clean out the infection site and thankfully it was not in the bone. She now has a suction machine ever the incision area called a Wound VAC. This serves to drain the fluid from the site and help in the healing process. Her doctor's plan is to take her back into surgery on Monday with the plastic surgeon to close up the incision and make sure the infection is out.
She continues to respond to the antibiotics for her sepsis. Her white blood cell count is now down to 14 and her platelets are up in the 130's. They did give her extra blood today though just to prepare her for Mondays surgery. Her blood pressure has been a little low, but they think it's because of being low in blood.
During surgery on Thursday, they placed another IV line in her femoral artery (in the groin) and that got a clot in it. They immediately took it out and started her on a drug called heparin, which breaks up clots. Her little foot is not as cold now and the pulses have returned so they are confident the clog is gone. They were doing another ultrasound when I left today to make sure. She is swollen again, but peeing it off much quicker than the first time.
Today was a good day. Eden is stable and making progress in the positive direction. Mind you, her progress is very little by little, but I'll take it!
I know we say this all the time, but thank you again for your love, support and prayers. I know my strength and comfort comes from you all. I am so blessed and lucky to have the support that you all give.
On a lighter note, I was sent a newborn packet from our local Down Syndrome support group and although I don't do bumper stickers, I just might have to put this one on the car. It says: "My child has more chromosomes than your child!"
We love you all.
Posted by The Ridgway Family at 7:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear today was a good day! May there be more of these!
Love the humor! Lucky You... to have that valiant sweet darling girl in your life!
So good to hear that things are looking up again. I've been thinking of you and her constantly, keisa. I am so glad to hear your spirits are up! I can't wait to see your little family and give you a hug in May!
Post a Comment