THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More Milk Please!

Well, I will be very honest that I was discouraged by the seeming lack of progress yesterday and I was just plain overwhelmed with the huge roller coaster of emotions that this adventure brings.  Most of the time I feel like I am doing well enough at handling it all, but last night and this morning it was tough and I felt as if I was barely hanging on.  Each day that goes by, my heart aches more and more to hold her and love on her again.  I know that day will be here very soon, but in my fast paced world not soon enough.  Again, another lesson in patience and faith in the Lord's time.  Boy am I learning a slew of life lessons through this experience!


Little Eden looked very beautiful this morning when I got there.  She was swaddled like a newborn should be and they had her lying on her side.  Nothing big I know, but I have only seen her all sprawled out for a week so it was nice to see her cozy and warm.  She still has her breathing tube.  They are decreasing the oxygen levels running through it and I think they will try to remove it again on Friday.  

The  very best news of the day is that she is almost completely on mommy's milk through her feeding tube.  Right now she is getting 8 cc's an hour and they increase it by 2 cc's every six hours.  Once she gets to 15 cc's an hour they will take her off of the IV nutrition and she will only have my milk.  It should happen tomorrow and then it's one less tube in her little body. 

I am so thankful for all of you and your continuous prayers on our behalf.  We need them and we feel them working.  Thank you!

4 comments:

Keiauni said...

I bet it feels so great to know that YOU are providing food for her...
Wow! things must be frustrating. I know how strong you are though! I have always looked up to you for your strength and confidence!
You are doing a terrific job, Keisa, and so are you little Eden!

Bless you both!

Terry and Jeri Cope said...

I have read through the complete blog since Gma Jill finally got us the blog address. Thank you Gma Jill.
I can't help but think of the powerful spirit that lil' Eden has been blessed with from Heavenly Father to keep her fighting through this ordeal. The spirits of these little ones is truly valiant. She is blessed to be born into a righteous family that will teach her correct principals and with her powerful spirit she will have a VERY strong influence on other in her future. The does bless us in our struggles. Our prayers are constant for you. Love, Terry & Jeri.

Tidwell's said...

Thank you for being an inspiration to our family. You are handling a difficult situation with such faith and grace. We know that Heavenly Father is watching over Eden and your family. Love, The Tidwell's

Heather said...

Keisa, Did you get a picture of her bundled up on her side??? I added you to my blog site--check it out. I'll show you how to add your friends and family tonight. Ruth's slowly teaching me. Heather