THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Easter Dream Come True!

I had the absolute BEST Easter gift today.  I was able to hold Eden for the first time in two weeks!  I can't express to you all how good it was for my heart, mind and sanity to finally hold her in my arms again and be so close to her.  I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed holding a baby more than I did this afternoon.  Just to feel her warm little body wiggle and squirm was fabulous.  I kissed her forehead with reckless abandon all afternoon.


She continues to do well and she is looking so darn cute!  The drainage she is getting into her chest tubes is the fat that her body can not process right now and it is very thick.  This has caused her tubes to clog up a couple of times so we are hoping this will correct itself as well.  There is absolutely no way she will get the tubes out if they keep clogging because then they are not draining properly and the fat backs up in her body and puts her in a little distress.

They also tried yesterday, with no luck, to place a central line again in her veins.  They want this so that they can draw blood from it instead of having to poke her each time.  With all of her little issues, she has to have at least one blood draw a day and it's not painful at all if they can do it from a central line.  I think they were going to try again tonight and I sure hope they get it and don't have to take her to surgery to place it.  She must have veins like her mommy that are very stingy!

We still have some little hurdles to overcome, but she is doing so much better and for that we are extremely grateful.  Thank you all for continuing to remember little Eden in your prayers.  We know they are working for her benefit and I am so thankful for all of you and your faith and support.

I am sorry I haven't posted new pictures yet, but the battery just died in the camera so I am charging and will put them on tomorrow!  Trust me, they are worth the wait.

Thank you all for everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful that your Easter day was blessed with such a wonderful feeling of Eden in your arms. Thank you so much for keeping us posted on what you are going through. We check daily to see how things are going and how your family is coping. God only gives you what you can handle and your family is doing a beautiful job. You are in our prayers daily. Stay strong, the power of prayer is truely amazing.
All our love,
The Vanderwey Family

Holly said...

What a wonderful gift. I am so happy for your family and the progress Eden made today. She is such a special girl.It sounds like she is gonna love all the hugs, kisses, and cuddles to come from you two and her proud sisters!!

C and T Orvin said...

Great news!! We are so happy that you all finally got to hold little Eden. All of us can't wait until we can hold her too! You all continue to be in our prayers and constantly in our minds!

Thanks for the updates-

The Orvins

Keiauni said...

Oh! That is terrific news...
So good to hear that things are better!

Much Love to all of you!