THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 10, 2008

MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!!

Dad here updating everyone.  Now remember, I've been up since 5 am and under just a little stress so I will try to have everything make sense! 


Right after the surgery started they came out to tell us they were not going to do the Norwood procedure because the left side of the heart and the mitral valve (they think) are functional. The surgeon fixed the anatomy of the mitral valve and put a clamp on the pulmonary artery to limit some of the blood to the lungs to help cut down on pulmonary stress.  

All this was an answer to our prayers.  This surgery isn't as evasive as the Norwood and it gets us down the road of a normal functioning 4 chambered heart.  If this surgery works we will monitor the heart and see how the mitral valve grows and functions.  If everything goes as planned we will have another surgery in about 3 - 5 months to fix the holes in her heart.  If the mitral valve is still suspect, then they will do another major surgery which is a derivation of the Norwood  called the Glenn.  In any case we are headed in the right direction.

So for now we are hoping for the best and just glad our little girl made it thru surgery.  I will post a few pictures in a little while so everyone can see her right after her open heart surgery.  

Keisa and I really appreciate all of your love and concern.  We want you to know that we firmly believe our prayers have been answered and we were able to take the road that will be best for her and allow her the greatest chance to have a healthy and properly functioning heart.   I really believe that a miracle has happened in our lives.  In the course of a few days we went from a horrible end of life scenario where the mitral valve was not functional to  now:  a mitral valve that is functional.  We have been truly blessed.  Thank you so much to everyone for everything.

2 comments:

Darrin J. DeLange said...

We are so thankful that the surgery was successful. Prayers are indeed answered - and so often in ways that we can not anticipate. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. When I say my wife and I have also been through the refiners fire I mean it and while we will never know what is like to go through what you are enduring, we have had challenges that I can only promise have made our marriage and family stronger. The only way we have made it through the "tough times" was with the support of family, which includes our wonderful ward and Bishopric.

Both Eden and your family are in our prayers every night, and we hope you think of us as members of your "family."

- Darrin and Amy

Diane said...

We are also very thankful little Eden's surgery went well. You have all been in our prayers each morning and night. Please let us know i there is anything you need. Aimee said she's avalaible and would love to babysit for free any time you need. She gets out of school at 12:30 now and will be off all next week. I am also available for anything you need. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can do.

You are such an awsome family and an inspiration to our ward family. We truly love you.

Mike, Diane and Aimee