THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First Time, Not a Charm

I will try not to complain because we have had two very good days with Eden, but I was a little down leaving the hospital today.  They tried to extabate, remove her breathing tube, this morning and she just did not do well breathing on her own.  They worked with her for about 45 minutes to see if she would get over her breathing difficulties, but so didn't so they put the tube back in.  They will leave it in for at least one day and then try again.  Although this is quite common and nothing to be very worried about, it was a little let down as I wanted it out so we could be that much closer to holding her.  I continue to be reminded that I need to be patient.


On a positive note, she is off most of her medicines and they took her little catheter out last night so she is peeing and pooping in her diaper.  I have never been more excited to change a diaper as I was today.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.  Please keep praying for little Eden and her recovery.  We feel each of your prayers and they really do work.  Thank you!

1 comments:

C and T Orvin said...

When I read about lil Eden I think of the saying "It's the little moments that make life BIG"
That is so true for lil Eden...I can't wait to get to know her better. I'm sure that you just want to hold her and cottle her. What a great day that will be...until then try to do what you can to keep your sanity! We are praying for your family daily - The Orvins