THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 31, 2008

Recovering Yet Again

I am very happy and relieved to say that Eden do fabulously in surgery again and she is recovering.  Her surgeons were very happy that there was no infection left in the skin, or anywhere on the incision for that matter, and nothing had spread to the bone.  Because of this, they were able to make the muscle transfers and get her back to us.  It only took a little over an hour and they had quoted us 2 hours so it must have went nicely.  Her anesthesiologist said that she did great with the drugs.  She is a trooper!  At this point, it is back to recovering and hopefully she will not have any more hurdles to get past.  I have told her that for her mommy's sanity, we need some smooth sailing for a bit!


I will sleep much better tonight in hopes that the worst is behind.  I appreciate all of you so much.  I just can't express it enough in words.  Thank you all for your kindness, thoughts and prayers.  Our little Eden needs them and I know that they make all of these little miracles possible.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Keisa, I'm really glad her surgery went well---YEAH!!! Heather

Keiauni said...

yay! I'm so relieved to hear the great news!
so glad everything went well.

Anonymous said...

Great news! I am so happy to hear everything went well! Good Job Eden!!

Lauri St.Pierre said...

Woo Hoo!!! We are smiling from ear to ear hearing some great news!!! Take a deep breath...your daughter is soooo strong...all will be well.
~With love, Lauri (& Gunnar)

Tidwell's said...

We are so happy for you. What a blessing this is. Love The Tidwells

Avery said...

YEAH! Good job baby Eden.. hopefully no more OR trips now. Now she just needs to rest and get strong, and she will..

Holly said...

We are so happy she did so well in surgery and is now recovering. What a strong little baby you have. We hope she continues to progress and keep mommy happy. You are in your prayers as always... The DiPadova's

Shari Tate said...

Oh, thank goodness! Hopefully you two can get some much needed rest tonight.
Our prayers are with you,
Sean & Shari

The Simmons Family said...

I linked to your blog from other heart blog sites and I am so impressed with Eden's strength. It's also nice to find other Phx Children's families! My son Owen, HLHS, was born on 1/28 and had the Norwood done. Dr. Pearl is also our surgeon and I LOVE HIM and his staff. We were released a few weeks after surgery and Owen is doing fabulous. We were there all weekend bc he spiked a fever and I wish I would have known you sooner, I couldn't come by and said Hello! We'll be back many times in April as we get prepared for the GLenn. I hope you are still not there, but if you are, I will come by for a visit and meet this strong Eden! I will follow her journey as well. Prayers to you and your sweet family.

Andrea
simmonsfamilyupdate.blogspot.com

Em said...

You do not know me. I found your post on the Gracie Gledhill's page. She and my son Ryker were born with the same heart condition. Ryker did really well, but then when they went to extubate him, something happened and he passed away not too long after. Your little Eden is so beautiful. She is one of the prettiest little babies I have seen! I had a little angel girl Lilly (who is Ryker's big sister) and she was equally as beautiful in such a special way. I hope all goes well with your sweet angel. Feel free to view our blog.