THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

NO B.P, NO P.P.

The nurses have a saying, No BP (Blood Pressure), No PP (Pee Pee).  This is an important statement because with low or no blood pressure Eden will not release her urine.  This is extremely problematic because if this goes on for too long she will go into kidney failure. Plus, they give her a lot of fluids to keep her hydrated and her heart pumping and since she hasn't been releasing any urine she is VERY swollen.  This causes other problems that cause other problems, etc.  Since Monday there has really been no urine output.  Every time the nurses empty her little bag there is only about 5 cc's and this has really worried us.


YES BP, YES PP

Well, this morning the nurses went to empty her little bag and there was, DRUM ROLL PLEASE........ 25 cc's!!!!  This was a huge victory for us.  Eden's blood pressure has gone up and now she is peeing.  We are trending positive (doctor language)!!!  Never thought we'd be so grateful for pee pee.  Small little victories.

Thanks for all your prayers.  We really can feel them and are so grateful for everyone's love.


9 comments:

Dallas and Krista said...

Good Pee Peeing, Eden! Way to go :)

4 in 4 said...

Oh Praise God! Happy Day! Thank you for sharing and for keeping us updated.

Gina said...

Marcus & Keisa... I am so glad that I am able to keep checking up on Eden even on my days off. I have been reading your blogs faithfully. I just wanted to let you know that I went up South Mountain this morning & as I pushed myself up some pretty steep parts to the top, my heart was beating so hard & fast I thought it might bust out of my chest! I offered my discomfort up for Eden, asked God to take some of my heart "power" and deliver it over to her, and just prayed for your whole family while I was hiking. Keep hanging in there... I will check in on you on Friday when I return to work!
Love, Gina

LEILANI said...

Marcus and Keish,
My thoughts and prayers have been about your family the last several days. Thank you so much for sharing your family with us. I know their are long lonely days in the hospital as you wait for physicians and good news. I remember those times to well. But I also know during those times I truly felt my Heavenly Father's arms wrapped around me and comfort come upon me.

As I have been preparing for our camp theme "Once upon a Princess" I can't help but think your little
Eden has already attained her Royal position. We are trying to teach the YW that they are of Royal Birth and have the potential to become a Princess/Queen. Eden's final test was to come to earth and gain a body.

Thank you again for sharing and reminding us to rely upon our Father in Heaven and to keep the Faith. Your both are very special and are great examples to our ward. I love you both.

Leilani Skousen

Holly said...

That is awesome!! I am so glad to here she is progressing. What a good fighter she is. Cant wait to get to know her. Keep up all the hard work little Eden!

Susy said...

SO glad to hear about the pee pees!!! I'm so happy that you're blogging so we can check on you everyday! Thank you for sharing and know that their are SO SO many pulling for all of you!

Love you,
Sus

Danielle said...

Marcus, Keisa and girls,
It's the Latta's here. We just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you and are praying for your little Eden!

C and T Orvin said...

What wonderful news! Little Eden has already touched so many parts of our lives!! Thank you for keeping us updated on the blog! Casey and I were just painting our cabinets and we thought we would stop for a moment to check on lil Eden. We are so happy to hear that she is PeePeeing! I watched my mom go thru kidney failure and how swollen she got. It was heart wrenching to watch someone you love go thru that. We are so happy that Eden is starting to bounce back...what a strong little girl.
Love - The Orvins

Keiauni said...

The Pee Pees are the best!
(it's the poo poo's that I'm no fan of!)

Love you guys! hang in there!